Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I'm not sure if the following investigation depends on that property, but I couldn't run 'Bootcamp Windows' from the macOS in Parallels Desktop until I set that property as 'true'. Otherwise, the Windows inside the Parallels showed me the blue screen during the boot ('INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' error).
FYI: I have the 9'th generation of the processor.

I had the same issue, couldn't use Parallels through Boot Camp. It was running fine then went POOF after the upgrade. I finally got it working in OC 0.7.9. I discovered a new tool called OC Auxiliary Tools and decided to test it's ability to genertae a base EFI automatically. By the way, they multiple versions, you can even run it on Windows to build your EFI before you Hackintosh!

While it works well, I did find that rebuilding it with their stock tools inserted a lot of entries to ensure the widest variety of systems could boot, some of which not seem to take into OC functionality into account. It wasn't big deal to clean but be sure you understand what you are removing.

It also has a great opencore updater tool. My one recommendation is that they have an kext loading order checker like in another utility, but other than that, the tool is as brilliant as Hackintool.

To test your Parallels, copy my EFI to a USB stick and boot from it. If it works, keep using it, or use the tool to build one from scratch.

Last edited:
@Feartech @Stork Is it ok to link to OC Auxiliary tools in the forum? It's been a while since I was active and am not sure of the sites policy towards OC Auxillary Tools. If it is against policy I will immediately remove links.

Please advise, thank you.

I'm in Canada and I don't really NEED one, just wanted to see if it would speed things up. I'm getting a deal on my Mac Studio but it means I have to wait 2 months. Considering the WiFi card is being scalped, I'll just wait.

Are you getting the monitor also?
Cold up there, no? No monitor for me, I've got a 48 inch beastie already. Waffling on what Mac Studio to buy again, I'm going to wait, since they are back ordered anyway, until more reviews and comparisons are out of the Max vs Ultra.

I just found my OEM Intel 9560NGW that originally came with my motherboard. I read that it works pretty well. Any reason not to go from my Dell 1560 BCM to Intel 9560NGW? It's a metric ton of work so I want to be sure before I switch.
You will actually lose some continuity features by switching, performance difference is probably negligible. If you are looking for a project then I think you found a good one

Hello all!

New EFI uploaded to first post.

Att: Anything newer than version 0.7.6 of opencore breaks Parallels Boot Camp.

1) Updated to latest OpenCore release at this time
2) Cleaned up some last vestigial entries from the early days
3) Used Hackintool to check and compile all the latest drivers except for AirportBRCM 2.1.5
4) Bluetooth works perfectly but DO NOT INSTALL AirportBRCM 2.1.5, the early release broke my bluetooth
5) Changed audio layout to 1, let me know if you have issues

I know OpenCore 0.7.9 is around the corner, I will do that when it comes available.
Hi modmike

everything is working with this EFI ?
which masOS version did you have ? 12.3 is ok ?

J-

Hi modmike everything is working with this EFI ? which masOS version did you have ? 12.3 is ok ? J-

The 0.79 I posted works perfectly and Parallels now runs on my machine running 12.2.1. Will update to 12.3 tonight and advise.

Hey hey,

The 0.79 I posted works perfectly and Parallels now runs on my machine running 12.2.1. Will update to 12.3 tonight and advise.
I have a version 12.3 and this work fine :) with opencore 0.8 and your EFI 0.7.9
Capture d’écran 2022-03-15 à 20.01.15.png

Back