Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hello all!

New EFI uploaded to first post.

Att: Anything newer than version 0.7.6 of opencore breaks Parallels Boot Camp.

1) Updated to latest OpenCore release at this time
2) Cleaned up some last vestigial entries from the early days
3) Used Hackintool to check and compile all the latest drivers except for AirportBRCM 2.1.5
4) Bluetooth works perfectly but DO NOT INSTALL AirportBRCM 2.1.5, the early release broke my bluetooth
5) Changed audio layout to 1, let me know if you have issues

I know OpenCore 0.7.9 is around the corner, I will do that when it comes available.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the following investigation depends on that property, but I couldn't run 'Bootcamp Windows' from the macOS in Parallels Desktop until I set that property as 'true'. Otherwise, the Windows inside the Parallels showed me the blue screen during the boot ('INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' error).
FYI: I have the 9'th generation of the processor.
I have the exact same issue. Been running Parallels Boot camp for years, and now, nothing after going form OC 0.7.2 to 0.7.8. When I enable the ProvideCurrentCpuinfo quirk, I can't boot.

I tried to install another Boot Camp Partition to test but it just died on version .07.8. When I rolled back to 0.7.6, I can now see the previously created Boot Camp partition. I still can't use my original one, but still testing.

Last edited:
I forgot the step of creating the 300Mb EFI partition. Going to start over now. Does the type of partition scheme matter? I can't seem to make a 300Mb EFI partition. Only 1GB or more in APFS

Edit: I realized it can't boot into OS X without the EFI USB drive probably because I didn't copy the EFi folder. I probably copied the 2 folders inside the EFi folder into the EFI partition.
So did you just end up copying the contents (EFI Folder + Subfolders) from your EFI USB drive to the hidden EFI partition on the new system disk or did you end up making the 300Mb Fat32 EFI Partition? I was running into the same problem as you, when I re-read the process.

I built my system back a couple years ago when ModMike first posted but I'm doing a fresh build with Monterey but finding some issues. Probably just forgetting something after running with a rock solid setup for a couple years.

I've copied the EFI folder to the hidden EFI partition on the System Disk but I'm not able to boot unless the EFI usb is plugged in. The new system EFI doesn't show up in the boot options.

So did you just end up copying the contents (EFI Folder + Subfolders) from your EFI USB drive to the hidden EFI partition on the new system disk or did you end up making the 300Mb Fat32 EFI Partition? I was running into the same problem as you, when I re-read the process.

I built my system back a couple years ago when ModMike first posted but I'm doing a fresh build with Monterey but finding some issues. Probably just forgetting something after running with a rock solid setup for a couple years.

I've copied the EFI folder to the hidden EFI partition on the System Disk but I'm not able to boot unless the EFI usb is plugged in. The new system EFI doesn't show up in the boot options.

Thats odd, if the USB works, copying it over always worked for me.

What do you guys think of the new Mac Studio? I'm ordering one as soon as possible.

Thats odd, if the USB works, copying it over always worked for me.

What do you guys think of the new Mac Studio? I'm ordering one as soon as possible.
Which model?

$4k to start right? I'm going to wait for a few reviews and see how different configurations compare...stole this line from CaseySJ quoting Captain Kirk. "Must resist...." not sure if I'll be able too though for long. :think:

$4k to start right?
No, the Ultra starts at $4K. Max is $1999.

Screen Shot 17.jpg

Last edited:
Back