Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I'm a noob. I follow the guide. I understand most of what I do, but not so deep expert. :p
Until Catalina I'm OK. I know with Monterey I'm in trouble.I use Z390 -E. I attached what I found on Monterey when I tried with first EFI.

I tried to install Monterey. I start from your guide, most of things working, but USB not work like I thought.
I follow guide to map USB, I replaced usbport.kext and all seems to work fine directly. I tried usb-c with ssd and usb pen drive.
But when i attach an hub to usb-c, Monterey see it (hackintool tell me there is an Hub 3.0 connected), but no one thing connected to hub work.
in same computer i had Catalina disk, and same configuration work fine with hub.
i had this hub be cause i had two computers, and to share between computers (one at time) same keyboard/mouse, external nas, audio card, card reader, and more, i exchange usb connection of hub from one computer to another.
My initial EFI was this two, first (no hub) work every port usb to work directly, but not hub.
z390OC7.5 from Leeloo work fine hub but not all USB port work fine.
should I change on my mapping usb or some other settings?
Any suggests?

Attachments

• Efi monterey no hub.zip
    12 MB · Views: 56
  • Z390OC7.5EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 63
  • Schermata 2022-05-21 alle 15.01.09.png
    Schermata 2022-05-21 alle 15.01.09.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Is anyone having issues updating to 12.4 with this build (or similar)? My hack is completely stable on 12.3, OC 0.8, updated kexts. But when I try to update to 12.4, I get a kernel panic with this:

"FIPS Kernel POST Failed (-2074)|" @corecrypto_kext.c:193

No other errors. Someone suggested a boot-arg of fips_mode=4 (that I can't find any documentation on), but that made no difference. Disk Utility First Aid had an error that I had to pull the drive out of the hack and use another to repair - both the recovery partition and a bootable usb installer would boot to a grey screen with a movable cursor, but never load. I'm kinda outta things to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is anyone having issues updating to 12.4 with this build (or similar)? My hack is completely stable on 12.3, OC 0.8, updated kexts. But when I try to update to 12.4, I get a kernel panic with this:

"FIPS Kernel POST Failed (-2074)|" @corecrypto_kext.c:193

No other errors. Someone suggested a boot-arg of fips_mode=4 (that I can't find any documentation on), but that made no difference. Disk Utility First Aid had an error that I had to pull the drive out of the hack and use another to repair - both the recovery partition and a bootable usb installer would boot to a grey screen with a movable cursor, but never load. I'm kinda outta things to try. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Had exactly same problem, the "fips_mode=4" works for me. it is still a mystery of the reason behind. Never had issue before 12.4

Updated to Monterey, but bluetooth does not work anymore.
It worked under Big Sur using the Intel kexts.

How can I tell what exact bluetooth chip is in this machine?

when I go to the system info and go to the USB tab it says :

Bluetooth HCI:
Product ID: 0x0aaa
Vendor ID: 0x8087 (Intel Corporation)
Version: 0.02
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s
Location ID: 0x14800000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes

BUT when I go to the hardware, bluetooth tab everything is blank...

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Updated to Monterey, but bluetooth does not work anymore.
It worked under Big Sur using the Intel kexts.

How can I tell what exact bluetooth chip is in this machine?

when I go to the system info and go to the USB tab it says :

Bluetooth HCI:
Product ID: 0x0aaa
Vendor ID: 0x8087 (Intel Corporation)
Version: 0.02
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/s
Location ID: 0x14800000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes

BUT when I go to the hardware, bluetooth tab everything is blank...

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Remove/disable the intelbluetoothinjector.kext (leave the "intelbluetoothfirmware.kext" in place).

Add the BlueToolFixup.kext

Reboot and check.

:)

Remove/disable the intelbluetoothinjector.kext (leave the "intelbluetoothfirmware.kext" in place).

Add the BlueToolFixup.kext

Reboot and check.

:)

Very very strange, did not have that "intelbluetoothfirmware.kext" in place or the "BlueToolFixup.kext" one...

THANKS for the help.

it WORKS now...

I'm a noob. I follow the guide. I understand most of what I do, but not so deep expert. :p
Until Catalina I'm OK. I know with Monterey I'm in trouble.I use Z390 -E. I attached what I found on Monterey when I tried with first EFI.

I tried to install Monterey. I start from your guide, most of things working, but USB not work like I thought.
I follow guide to map USB, I replaced usbport.kext and all seems to work fine directly. I tried usb-c with ssd and usb pen drive.
But when i attach an hub to usb-c, Monterey see it (hackintool tell me there is an Hub 3.0 connected), but no one thing connected to hub work.
in same computer i had Catalina disk, and same configuration work fine with hub.
i had this hub be cause i had two computers, and to share between computers (one at time) same keyboard/mouse, external nas, audio card, card reader, and more, i exchange usb connection of hub from one computer to another.
My initial EFI was this two, first (no hub) work every port usb to work directly, but not hub.
z390OC7.5 from Leeloo work fine hub but not all USB port work fine.
should I change on my mapping usb or some other settings?
Any suggests?
i solved, for anyone interest, using a new tool to map USB port. Few seconds and all working file.
i downloaded this two tools :
i did a usb bootable with win10, i put usb tool on it, i covered all usb ports with pendrive, ssd, and more, few seconds and it save a correct kext to use all ports internal and external.
reboot on macOs, i add that kext and usbmap.kext to efi, add to list, reboot and all work fine.

Hello,
As someone succeed to install Ventura on this config? I do the update but i only see a black screen. What do we have to change on the EFI to make it work? Thanks.

Hello,
As someone succeed to install Ventura on this config? I do the update but i only see a black screen. What do we have to change on the EFI to make it work? Thanks.
Hi @jay77, have you updated OpenCore to 8.3 or higher? How about the fundamental kexts like Lilu, VirtualSMC and WEG?

Hello @Leesureone , my OpenCore is 0.8.5, Lily is 1.6.1, Virtual SMC is 1.3.0 et WhatEverGreen is 1.5.9;
I've also heard that Ventura don't contain drivers for some Graphic cards, maybe it come from this? Thank you.

Back