Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I just can’t work out why it booted the USB at first but doesn’t now. Does the install process change the USB stick? Will try it in a different slot.

No, the USB installer should not be modified by the install process. However if you already have Windows and Linux installed on the same destination drive, even on a new partition, then that is a recipe for trouble.

I just can’t work out why it booted the USB at first but doesn’t now. Does the install process change the USB stick? Will try it in a different slot.
Also please add the -v (verbose flag) to the boot arguments,. If you not sure how, reference the Dortania Install Guide ,or I can upload one already done for you. That way you should get more information as to why it reboots.

Is it because I was trying to install 11.5 and there's and "XhciPortLimit patch will result in unbootable machines" stuck in a boot loop ?

Should I try to install 10.15.7 or 11.2?

Is it because I was trying to install 11.5 and there's and "XhciPortLimit patch will result in unbootable machines" stuck in a boot loop ?

Should I try to install 10.15.7 or 11.2?
It's definitely not that, I don't have XchiPortLimit turned on in the EFI folder you are using. I don't know what you mean by 11.2, regardless any version of Big Sur should work. As @UtterDisbelief mentioned your preexisting Windows/ Linux setup could be complicating what you are trying to do. Did you try the modified EFI folder I attached above so you can see where it reboots instead of only seeing the Apple logo?
One last question, what brand and model drive are trying to install to? Also please modify your signature to reflect this new setup.

Attachments

• EFIDGPUOC7.0.zip
    33.9 MB · Views: 36
Back