Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@Leesureone I downloaded your latest EFI for dGPU and got a bootable Big Sur USB that allowed me to install. It said it was going to take 20 mins so I walked off. When I came back it was stuck in a boot loop, booting to the USB stick, displaying the apple logo for a few secs then rebooting. Any ideas?

@Leesureone I downloaded your latest EFI for dGPU and got a bootable big sur usb that allowed me to install. It said it was going to take 20 mins so I walked off. When I came back it was stuck in a boot loop, booting to the USB stick, displaying the apple logo for a few secs then rebooting. Any ideas?
your gtx in your hardware profile is not compatible with Big Sur....

Have updated build sig. Old one still works on 10.12. I miss using that install shame apple and nvidia had to fall out.

Any ideas why USB booted to start off with and is now stuck in boot loop?

Have updated build sig. Old one still works on 10.12. I miss using that install shame apple and nvidia had to fall out.

Any ideas why USB booted to start off with and is now stuck in boot loop?
not really, upload the EFI you are using

It’s the one @Leesureone posted at #4,626
Are you using the recommended BIOS settings? They are on the first page. Maybe try a different port for the USB drive or a different USB Flash Drive.

Last edited:
Using the BIOS settings on first page, after setting up the USB with your EFI it booted and started the install process. Now it detects the USB in the BIOS gets the Apple logo then reboots.

The computer is triple booted if that makes any difference. It has Windows 10 and Linux already on it, I made a formatted a partition HFS+ in the Apple installer before starting the install process. Could this be part of the problem?

Back