Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

OK, so it looks like my flash-drives for 8GB and 64GB are just very strange. Sometimes I just need to plug them in USB port few times to make them works. However it's really strange that on Catalina I didn't notice such issue. Now everything seems working fine with USB ports.
Hopefully its the drives and not your motherboard.

Hey guys! I have used this guide before to get everything working. Recently, I moved from Clover to OpenCore to update to Big Sur. Now I have gotten *ALMOST* everything working... except for Sidecar. Yes, I have WiFi+Bluetooth, Airdrop, the App Store, everything!... but Sidecar.

I read somewhere that this might be related to graphics. More specifically, I read this: It turns out, I did have iGPU set to headless, but I needed to change a setting in my BIOS for the iGPU from Auto --> Enabled. Can someone explain what "having iGPU set to headless" means?

I currently use a dGPU (it's a RX 5700), and I had to add agdpmod=pikera to avoid a black screen after boot. Could this be related? Maybe I'm missing a boot-arg?

Any help would be much appreciated!

==EDIT==

One thing that I should add is that sidecar isn't working even when the iPad is wired.
Headless is basically allowing the iGPU to run in computational mode instead of display mode.
You still have it enabled in BIOS on Auto, just not connected with anything at the HDMI side. It's 'connectorless' - hence headless.

For Coffee Lake 9th gen these are the values we would use in our build for the Device Properties in either Clover or Opencore for the graphics card to enable Intel QuickSync (which can be tested with VideoProc):

Code:
Properties Key: AAPL,ig-platform-id
Properties Value: 0300923E
Value Type: DATA

Properties Key: device-id
Properties Value: 923E0000

Properties Key: framebuffer-patch-enable
Properties Value: 01000000

For Clover use, we would normally also enable Inject Intel under Graphics. But we don't need that for OC.

If you are running the 5700XT, you may also need to add in a AGPMInjector kext for your card's power management
to add to your EFI/OC/kexts. Try Pavo's AGPMInjector app here to create your own custom kext for your dGPU > https://github.com/Pavo-IM/AGPMInjector

If someone likes Clover more, here is my EFI folder. I use iMacPro 1.1 or Mac Pro 7.1 SMBIOS,
i9-9900K, RX 5700 XT.
Thanks to your OpenCore, I made my Clover. Working with Big Sur 11.3

Attachments

• All working clover.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 47
I have upgraded to 11.3.1 from Catalina.
I changed Clover to Open Core from the first page of the theme, but after installing the update, my mouse and keyboard do not work.
What can be wrong?

I have upgraded to 11.3.1 from Catalina.
I changed Clover to Open Core from the first page of the theme, but after installing the update, my mouse and keyboard do not work.
What can be wrong?
Do you have XCHIPortLimit as true in your config.plist? That's been causing some issues with the last release of Big Sur but if your ports are mapped correctly then users are typically okay. The other possible issue is ModMike was using old clover kernel patches to work around the 15 port limit, those need to go. The attached has those eliminated but its for an iGPU configuration, try it from a USB drive first.

Kernel Patches.png

Attachments

• EFI ASUS Z390iGPU6.6.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 79
Do you have XCHIPortLimit as true in your config.plist? That's been causing some issues with the last release of Big Sur but if your ports are mapped correctly then users are typically okay. The other possible issue is ModMike was using old clover kernel patches to work around the 15 port limit, those need to go. The attached has those eliminated but its for an iGPU configuration, try it from a USB drive first.

View attachment 518307
Thank you! This worked for me. What changes should I make to the dGPU configuration?

Thank you! This worked for me. What changes should I make to the dGPU configuration?
See the Dortania Install guide for which Device ID to change too and add the agdpmod=pikera for your xt5700 card AE2A18C1-F983-4C28-94A3-FE534959D2FC.pngE23ECB23-FBD4-4E15-A2A5-636B6360AA27.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the same problem and I use the OC bootloader provided by ModMike. But after I manually remapped the USB port, it returned to normal. Also, the system can sleep normally.
I had come across the same problem during the Big Sur installation screen none of the USB slots was working. I used your EFI, and it seems to be everything is working at the moment. The one thing I couldn't figure out is that my plug-and-play IOGEAR GBU521 W6 USB Bluetooth adapter is not working. Do you have any idea?

What I have noticed that is the Bluetooth adapter does not only work with USB slots on the top panel of the case. In addition to that, my SanDisk USB stick is able to connect but the Kingston one is not able to connect via those USB slots on the top panel of the case.

I moved my Bluetooth adapter by plugging it into one of the USB slots on the rear panel and they work. Strange!

Last edited:
I had come across the same problem during the Big Sur installation screen none of the USB slots was working. I used your EFI and it seems to be everything is working at the moment. There is just one thing I couldn't figure out is that my plug-and-play IOGEAR GBU521 W6 USB Bluetooth adapter is not working. Do you have any idea?

What I have noticed that is the bluetooth adapter does not only work with USB slots on the top panel of the case. In addition to that, my SanDisk USB stick is able to connect but the Kingston one is not able to connect via those USB slots on the top panel of the case.

I moved my bluetooth adapter by plugging it into one of the USB slots on the rear panel and they work. Strange!
Hi, the USB issues you are having mean your USB ports are not correctly mapped in the EFI folder you are using, all ports would be functioning otherwise. For USB port configuration I always suggest follow the excellent guide by @UtterDisbelief here using Hackintool:

Back