Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Please download iGPU version for 9900K
Here you go, if this device ID doesn't work you can try changing it (see below). This is the most simple version without connector information or video memory (Hackintool can ad that if needed).
igpu z390.png

Attachments

• EFIiGPUOC7.0.zip
    33.9 MB · Views: 46
I was recently able to pick up one of these motherboards on the cheap and now have it set up in a reject NZXT H1 case. (the pcie riser cable bracket where it mounts to the frame shorted and actually caught the pcb part of the cable on fire. It's a documented issue and there are fixes for it I ignored being I've had two other cases and they have been fine, guess I was lucky o_O). I got my money back for the case and bought a replacement pcie riser cable and I'm back in business.

I've uploaded a dGPU version of open core 7.0 that has the case USBc port enabled, the back USBc port is not as well as one of the USB 3.0 and USB3.2 ports are not to be able to stay under the 15 port limit. You can roll your own by turning on the XhciPortLimit in the config.plist and running Hackintool (don't use or enable USBInjectAll.kext). I'm using the intel wireless and bluetooth card it came with so the Broadcom and Airport kexts are there but turned off in the config.plist. Add your own serial numbers etc.

I can upload an iGPU version if requested, all that needs to be done is change the device ID for the iGPU. Pretty quiet over here lately though...
Thank you for sharing this - this was a big help when I updated from 11.1 to 11.4. My USB ports stopped working after the update and my config had become quite a mess, but yours helped me clean things up and get everything working again. Much appreciated!

How is the Intel Bluetooth/Wifi performance? Would really like to get at least Bluetooth working with the built-in card.

Thank you for sharing this - this was a big help when I updated from 11.1 to 11.4. My USB ports stopped working after the update and my config had become quite a mess, but yours helped me clean things up and get everything working again. Much appreciated!

How is the Intel Bluetooth/Wifi performance? Would really like to get at least Bluetooth working with the built-in card.
WiFi isn’t perfect but it works, Bluetooth has been fine in my experience. Thanks for the good words

I don’t know if you’ve read any of the documentation on the Intel Open Wireless!effort. You either need to download the Heliport App or edit the .plist within the kext with your wireless information to get it to work. Bluetooth should pair up without that, just make sure your antennas attached.

Last edited:
Here you go, if this device ID doesn't work you can try changing it (see below). This is the most simple version without connector information or video memory (Hackintool can ad that if needed).View attachment 521656
Thanks, this works for me. Can you tell me why some of the USB ports are not working?

Thanks, this works for me. Can you tell me why some of the USB ports are not working?

Here you go, if this device ID doesn't work you can try changing it (see below). This is the most simple version without connector information or video memory (Hackintool can ad that if needed).View attachment 521656
I am using 9900K built-in graphics.
After exiting sleep mode, the screen works normally for 5 - 10 seconds, then a black screen. After 1 - 2 minutes, the picture reappears. Is there any way to solve this problem?

I am using 9900K built-in graphics.
After exiting sleep mode, the screen works normally for 5 - 10 seconds, then a black screen. After 1 - 2 minutes, the picture reappears. Is there any way to solve this problem?
That is difficult to say but its possible that using Hackintool you can finish filling out the Device Properties for the iGPU and resolve it. There is guide here, scroll down to the IGPU Device Properties and read from there.

I have a similar config as ModMike (Asus z390i, RX 5700, i7 3.9 Coffeelake w/integrated graphics)

I have used Modmike's EFI but generated my own files to set my USB within the 15 port limit.

I'm using MacPro7,1 though as it generated better Geekbench scores and DRM with AppleTV and Netflix works with that SMBIOS.

Everything works, except that my About This Mac>Memory Tab crashes when I click on Memory. And About This Mac displays an alert. I resolved the Memory Misconfigured notification using the MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext.

RestrictEvents.kext does not work for me. The system hangs and does not boot into MacOS.

I know it's just GUI and does not affect functionality (System Profiler shows correct RAM info) but it is annoying.

I have tried adding PlatformFeature (18 and 21) but it does not work.

Would anyone be able to take a look or encountered the same issues?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 60
I have a similar config as ModMike (Asus z390i, RX 5700, i7 3.9 Coffeelake w/integrated graphics)

I have used Modmike's EFI but generated my own files to set my USB within the 15 port limit.

I'm using MacPro7,1 though as it generated better Geekbench scores and DRM with AppleTV and Netflix works with that SMBIOS.

Everything works, except that my About This Mac>Memory Tab crashes when I click on Memory. And About This Mac displays an alert. I resolved the Memory Misconfigured notification using the MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext.

does not work for me. The system hangs and does not boot into MacOS.

I know it's just GUI and does not affect functionality (System Profiler shows correct RAM info) but it is annoying.

I have tried adding PlatformFeature (18 and 21) but it does not work.

Would anyone be able to take a look or encountered the same issues?
Hi, a couple of things to take into consideration. ModMikes files are pretty dated now, I think the latest version he uploaded of OpenCore was 6.4, possibly 6.6 but I forget, either way those versions were before the RestrictEvents.kext existed. Its possible with a newer version of Opencore that kext may begin to work for you. The other issue with his upload is he has a couple of kernel patches to work around the 15 port limit that are obsolete now, you can compare this version of OpenCore with yours (look at the differences in the config.plists under kernel/ patches). I uploaded the OpenCore 7.0 dGPU version here: #4,626

Another thing to consider, but not the end of the world, the symbios you are using for a coffee lake based processor is not recommended by Dortania in their Install Guide. iMac19,1 will work more natively for you, without headache and probably with very similar benchmarks. Also you do not need to run MacPro7,1 to beat DRM using an AMD supported video card (which I believe yours is). See here and jump to the bit about DRM, the shikigva=80 boot argument might be all you need.

Last edited:
Back