Contribute
Register

The Challenge | Lenovo G500s (WE CAN DO IT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting somewhere! I did the boot flags and was able to get into the system. Installed Mavericks on my system. This post is being written on my "mac" right now. But now what do I need to do. My understanding is that I booted it into SAFE MODE. So what do I need to do now? Ethernet is working fine, did nothing, just worked. Also my USB 3.0 is working, but 2.0 is not. Wireless is not available, but I am sure that can be fixed. I have Multibeast, but what do I need first? I am not going to risk anything until you reply back. I have my computer plugged into the power, so I hope it does not die. Not sure if it is being picked up. I have included some photos below of the whole process. I tried to capture everything that happened up to this point. Thanks for the help so far! Let the progress continue!

IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0173.jpg IMG_0174.jpg IMG_0175.jpgIMG_0176.jpgIMG_0177.jpg IMG_0178.jpgIMG_0179.jpgIMG_0180.jpgIMG_0181.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0172.jpgIMG_0171.jpgIMG_0161.jpgIMG_0162.jpgIMG_0163.jpgIMG_0164.jpgIMG_0165.jpgIMG_0166.jpgIMG_0167.jpgIMG_0168.jpgIMG_0169.jpgIMG_0170.jpgIMG_0183.jpg

We are getting somewhere! I did the boot flags and was able to get into the system. Installed Mavericks on my system. This post is being written on my "mac" right now. But now what do I need to do. My understanding is that I booted it into SAFE MODE. So what do I need to do now? Ethernet is working fine, did nothing, just worked. Also my USB 3.0 is working, but 2.0 is not. Wireless is not available, but I am sure that can be fixed. I have Multibeast, but what do I need first? I am not going to risk anything until you reply back. I have my computer plugged into the power, so I hope it does not die. Not sure if it is being picked up. I have included some photos below of the whole process. I tried to capture everything that happened up to this point. Thanks for the help so far! Let the progress continue!

See here for a good way to start with Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

After that you should focus on graphics. For HD4000 it involves figuring out your ig-platform-id. For the most part it is dependent on your screen resolution. Since your screen resolution is 1366x768, it is likely 01660003, so try IGPlatformID=01660003 (with IGPEnabler=Y)

Ended up following the guide and then restarted and could not see the finder of top bar at all, just kept getting crashes. Here is a picture of what was occurring.

IMG_0184.jpg IMG_0185.jpg

Right now, I am able to get back into the OS by booting into SAFE MODE. But there must be something causing this issue.

So I ended up just re-installing everything again. However after doing Unibeast, I lost my ethernet connection. My Lan card is: Atheros AR8172

Any ideas on how I can get internet back?

So I ended up just re-installing everything again. However after doing Unibeast, I lost my ethernet connection. My Lan card is: Atheros AR8172

Any ideas on how I can get internet back?

Did you install Ethernet kexts for your Atheros AR8172 in Multibeast?

See here for a good way to start with Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

After that you should focus on graphics. For HD4000 it involves figuring out your ig-platform-id. For the most part it is dependent on your screen resolution. Since your screen resolution is 1366x768, it is likely 01660003, so try IGPlatformID=01660003 (with IGPEnabler=Y)

Ok, so I did the graphics bootflag for my system to recognize that I am using a HD4000. Seemed to have worked from the picture I added to this post. But the resolution stayed the same and did not give me my 1366x768 like it should be. Any ideas on how to fix this?

IMG_0189[1].jpg IMG_0190[1].jpg IMG_0192[1].jpg

Did you install Ethernet kexts for your Atheros AR8172 in Multibeast?

I did not install any Ethernet kexts from Multibeast. Did I need to select the Atheros option? Is it too late to do it or can I just go in and install it?

Ok, so I did the graphics bootflag for my system to recognize that I am using a HD4000. Seemed to have worked from the picture I added to this post. But the resolution stayed the same and did not give me my 1366x768 like it should be. Any ideas on how to fix this?

View attachment 77734 View attachment 77735 View attachment 77736

It is not working. See where it says "no kexts loaded"... Boot with "-f" and post ioreg if you want me to look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

I did not install any Ethernet kexts from Multibeast. Did I need to select the Atheros option? Is it too late to do it or can I just go in and install it?

It is not too late. In fact, the best way to use Multibeast is apply options one at a time if possible...

The reason you had Ethernet prior to running Multibeast is the drivers are on the Unibeast USB and therefore loaded when you boot using the USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back