Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's expected because of GraphicsEnabler=no, so with that yo won't get as good scores as the card can achieve (yet). The locked up issue, no idea what to say. It may be a graphical issue with the 660 Ti, not sure.
So this is sort of a 'stay tuned' thing, until more info about graphics enabled 660ti comes around, right?

Thanks for sticking with me. I set my System Definition to 5,1 then i got kernel but then i -s and removed the appletymce.kext and just tried again and nowwwww

63.0fps or 1586 score with your exact settings. much better, sounds about right, even! i think it was the definition that helped me.

thanks again kanye, and thanks everyone that's posted some insightful info in this thread. hope i can add to that soon <3

So this is sort of a 'stay tuned' thing, until more info about graphics enabled 660ti comes around, right?

Thanks for sticking with me. I set my System Definition to 5,1 then i got kernel but then i -s and removed the appletymce.kext and just tried again and nowwwww

63.0fps or 1586 score with your exact settings. much better, sounds about right, even! i think it was the definition that helped me.

thanks again kanye, and thanks everyone that's posted some insightful info in this thread. hope i can add to that soon <3

You are most certainly welcome, and I hope you do soon.

I'm afraid there are problems with the 660Ti and FCPX. The odd thing is that everything *else* seems to run fine. Luxmark, Cinebench and Portal 2 all run beautifully on my rig. FCPX stutters and hangs, and Compressor just Force Closes (FCPX ran flawlessly before the GPU went in just using the internal graphics on my i7 3770K). I'm sure it will be solved soon as the card only just hit the Hackmac brigade, but be aware there are issues right now.

Found this over at Netkas forums "I found a solution. I enabled the onboard Intel HD4000 graphics in addition to the 660Ti. I then deleted FCPX and reinstalled. After that, i didn't get this error."
Might be worth a try?

Last problem I'm on now is that every time i wake from sleep i get frozen screen. this morning it was actually a kernel panic.

Here is a shot from my console from the minute that it was frozen on. Maybe this will help us figure out the issue?

So at 12:47 it evidently went to sleep (I was sleeping) and i woke up today and it was stuck at that minute and I restarted now at 9:30 or so (you can see in the console the restart)

handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: err 0x0

Perhaps just a system definition? this never happened with the onboard. Searching forums just yields results for the 550 freeze wake thread mainly.
62897981b5c24cb917acc738829fcb4a.png

Last problem I'm on now is that every time i wake from sleep i get frozen screen. this morning it was actually a kernel panic.

Here is a shot from my console from the minute that it was frozen on. Maybe this will help us figure out the issue?

So at 12:47 it evidently went to sleep (I was sleeping) and i woke up today and it was stuck at that minute and I restarted now at 9:30 or so (you can see in the console the restart)

handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: err 0x0

Perhaps just a system definition? this never happened with the onboard. Searching forums just yields results for the 550 freeze wake thread mainly.
62897981b5c24cb917acc738829fcb4a.png

That error happened at 12:49, 2 minutes after your display went to sleep, which means it crashed right after it went to sleep. That may be an error with the sleep settings, I believe I read a thread that said he had to change his energy saver preferences so that his Hack wouldn't freeze like yours. Remember, I could be wrong, especially on this because I can't completely remember what I read. So take this with a grain of salt and hopefully someone will give their input as well.

Sorry I wasn't of much help

No problem, ye. I'll do some reading. Do you think that line is the key to search? the hand_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: err 0x0 part?

I'm so close! haha I've been 100% many times but now with this new configuration of 10.8.1 and new video card, starting over again.

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking around deciding which graphic card I should get. I read that 660ti/670 work out of box but there are certain drivers that must be installed to get them working such as final cut or CUDA on adobe etc. Sleep works for some but doesn't for others so I assume it is the brand that is the culprit? Can anyone confirm what I said is true? Also anyone got gaming working (I'll be playing some starcraft on it)?

No problem, ye. I'll do some reading. Do you think that line is the key to search? the hand_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: err 0x0 part?

I'm so close! haha I've been 100% many times but now with this new configuration of 10.8.1 and new video card, starting over again.

I know what you mean. I would check this out: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282085 he has the same 660 Ti as you and he notes how he got CUDA,etc working

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking around deciding which graphic card I should get. I read that 660ti/670 work out of box but there are certain drivers that must be installed to get them working such as final cut or CUDA on adobe etc. Sleep works for some but doesn't for others so I assume it is the brand that is the culprit? Can anyone confirm what I said is true? Also anyone got gaming working (I'll be playing some starcraft on it)?

It's not the brand. There are people who have sleep working and don't on the same exact Card/Brand. Currently lots of people are have issues with Final Cut not working, but almost everything is else is working just fine. 660 Ti vs 670, it's really your choice (as always). If you have a certain bugdet, i would go for the 660 Ti, otherwise, the 670. Personally I would choose the 670, but that's just me. Gaming should be just fine, I don't see any problems there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back