Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Tip: For anyone not satisfied with the performance of their 660 Ti, try changing the profile to iMac 12,2

Make sure you backup first!

<off topic>

I got curious and ran some benchmarks comparing MacPro5,1 and iMac12,2: Unigine, Geekbench 32bit, Cinebench

Unigine and Cinebench OpenGL were the same but Geekbench and Cinebench CPU were indeed faster with iMac12,2. Interesting. Differences could be due to my system overclock not being super-stable though.

SMbios: macpro5,1 - imac12,2
Geekbench: 13096 - 13527
Cinebench CPU: 7.36 - 7.84

</off topic>

<off topic>

I got curious and ran some benchmarks comparing MacPro5,1 and iMac12,2: Unigine, Geekbench 32bit, Cinebench

Unigine and Cinebench OpenGL were the same but Geekbench and Cinebench CPU were indeed faster with iMac12,2. Interesting. Differences could be due to my system overclock not being super-stable though.

SMbios: macpro5,1 - imac12,2
Geekbench: 13096 - 13527
Cinebench CPU: 7.36 - 7.84

</off topic>

Awesome! So it seems it's more of a CPU boost than a GPU, my bad

So this is interesting.

Whenever I turn off my monitor, it freezes about 20 seconds later. total lock up, not even a kernel panic screen, just lock.

Is there any other multibeast options I should be messing with other than system def at imac 12,2 and mac pro 5,1. those are the two i've used.

I have a feeling this weekend I'll be doing a full reformat with the card plugged in the whole time? I really am having a hard time searching my problem without getting to the 560ti fermi / sleep / wake / freeze thread.

this stinks :( I cant turn my monitor off at all

So this is interesting.

Whenever I turn off my monitor, it freezes about 20 seconds later. total lock up, not even a kernel panic screen, just lock.

Is there any other multibeast options I should be messing with other than system def at imac 12,2 and mac pro 5,1. those are the two i've used.

I have a feeling this weekend I'll be doing a full reformat with the card plugged in the whole time? I really am having a hard time searching my problem without getting to the 560ti fermi / sleep / wake / freeze thread.

this stinks :( I cant turn my monitor off at all

You seem to have a very....interesting setup. Anywho, if you can back up the data with Time Machine and reinstall, that may fix your problems. I had to install Lion 10 times before I finally got it up and running properly (yea......I messed up a lot)

You seem to have a very....interesting setup. Anywho, if you can back up the data with Time Machine and reinstall, that may fix your problems. I had to install Lion 10 times before I finally got it up and running properly (yea......I messed up a lot)
Interesting thing is if im HDMI and turn off and on its fine, as soon as i use DVI and turn off it freezes. kernel panic sometimes, sometimes just total lock. both dvi ports. i tried disabling onboard, didnt make a difference. this weekend im going to end up redoing everything I guess. i'll just back up my home folder before i do it :\

Interesting thing is if im HDMI and turn off and on its fine, as soon as i use DVI and turn off it freezes. kernel panic sometimes, sometimes just total lock. both dvi ports. i tried disabling onboard, didnt make a difference. this weekend im going to end up redoing everything I guess. i'll just back up my home folder before i do it :\

Yea I guess that's the best option at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back