Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that a solution could be found. The card works fine and accelerates in Premiere, After Effects, but it crashes the entire OS in FCPX. Tried the card with NeatVideo plugin last night. Neat gives you the option to use either the CPU or GPU or both for rendering the denoiser. Works fine (but slow, even with at new ivybridge core I7 and 16 gigs of memory) on CPU. Neat sees the 660ti for the GPU, but when I choose to use just the GPU or CPU + GPU, it does the checkerboard and locks the system. FCPX definitely has an issue with this card and effects.

Thanks,
-Alex-
Totally agree with you!
I can successfully run all benchmark and test for my 660 ti, but failed to run FCPX and it's plug-in.
Maybe FCPX 10.0.6 will solve it?

Totally agree with you!
I can successfully run all benchmark and test for my 660 ti, but failed to run FCPX and it's plug-in.
Maybe FCPX 10.0.6 will solve it?

Maybe. It solve the Retina Macbook Pro with the 650M GPU, so it should fix all the other 600 series cards

I grabbed the 660ti the other day and havent been able to get it to work yet. I tried it oob, nothing. I ran the multibeast to get the patch ect like it says in this thread and when i boot with ncpi=0x3000 i get to the apple logo and then it goes directly to a grey screen and i cant do anything. Any ideas... i think ive had this happen with an older video card but i dont remember what it was. Also.. graphicenabler=no

I grabbed the 660ti the other day and havent been able to get it to work yet. I tried it oob, nothing. I ran the multibeast to get the patch ect like it says in this thread and when i boot with ncpi=0x3000 i get to the apple logo and then it goes directly to a grey screen and i cant do anything. Any ideas... i think ive had this happen with an older video card but i dont remember what it was. Also.. graphicenabler=no

Hopefully someone can help you more thoroughly than I'm about to.

If you want to enable it, then:
http://hacksbyalfa.com/post/28271911167/how-to-enable-opencl-on-gtx-670-680-gk104-on

But like you said, you can't even boot up, so I would use your intergrated graphics because that DOES work without error if you just want to boot it up. You don't have to take the card out just plug out the two 6-Pins

Personally I had to apply these to get OpenCL working:

Netkas OpenCL fix to GeForceGLDriver.kext, with modified libclh.dylib
Netkas graphics card memory higher than 2Gb fix http://netkas.org/?p=1161

Both of these are in Multibeast if you look. Have the people with fcpx issues applied these?

I also added the device ID in in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and tweaked the thresholds which gave slightly better scores in unigine-heaven-3 (plenty of info around on how to do this if you look). Don't know if Multibeast has this.

- luxmark sala: 1018
- unigine-heaven-3 default settings: fps: 52.3, scores: 1317, Min FPS: 23.9, Max FPS 119.6

Both of these are in Multibeast if you look. Have the people with fcpx issues applied these?

I also added the device ID in in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and tweaked the thresholds which gave slightly better scores in unigine-heaven-3 (plenty of info around on how to do this if you look). Don't know if Multibeast has this.

- unigine-heaven-3 default settings: fps: 52.3, scores: 1317, Min FPS: 23.9, Max FPS 119.6

I believe your card is over 2GB because that's what that tutorial is for, so what type of card is yours?

I have already applied OpenCL patch, >2G memory patch, and modified my AGPM.kext.
My benchmark score were even higher than yours.
BUT, i just can't make 660 ti works smoothly with my FCPX effects/rendering.
An "NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception" error still crashs my whole system.

I have already applied OpenCL patch, >2G memory patch, and modified my AGPM.kext.
My benchmark score were even higher than yours.
BUT, i just can't make 660 ti works smoothly with my FCPX effects/rendering.
An "NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception" error still crashs my whole system.

I looks like we're going to have to wait for a newer driver, which could take some time :thumbdown:

What hardware are you running?
As I get 1027 in Luxmark and 59.9fps in Unigine (148.4 max) with the Galaxy 660 Ti card I got.

Just added a sig, but yeah, I have an older CPU/mobo combo that will likely hold the 660 ti back a bit, so not surprised you have slightly better benchmarks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back