Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes well, i have the basic settings config.plist on the EFI partition made by unibeast. I have taken out both GTX980 cards and am running HDMI from the motherboard to my monitor.

I tried to boot with both the default config.plist (made by unibeast) and with the McPro 3,1 SMBIOS added into config.plist via Clover Configurator... both result in the same screen as below.

I tried without boot arguments (although dart=0 seems to be hardcoded) and with the nv_disable argument to see if it made a difference, it didn't unfortunately.

View attachment 181297

Unfortunately screenshot doesn't say anything to me.

Do You have any Wifi card?

I remember that somebody has problem without wifi card. Maybe somebody else can confirm that.

What about dual CPU options in order to increase the amount of cores? Do the Hackintosh builds not need them? I'd like to build a machine, but would love to smoke anything Apple comes out with next in terms of processing power and speed.

Thanks.

Unfortunately screenshot doesn't say anything to me.

Do You have any Wifi card?

I remember that somebody has problem without wifi card. Maybe somebody else can confirm that.

There is no onboard wifi on the Maximus VIII Hero ... Are you saying that without onboard wifi it will not work?

There is no onboard wifi on the Maximus VIII Hero ... Are you saying that without onboard wifi it will not work?

Maybe not onboard wifi but seems that install need some wifi.

I found that but I am not 100% sure because I have onboard wifi.

"Here is where it gets interesting: I decided I would attempt to reproduce your “IOBluetoothHostControl” kernel panic by removing my Broadcom card. While doing this, I also was booting off of a clone of my HDD’s EFI partition, that I made for the sole purpose of testing to ensure I wouldn’t mess anything up.

The result: With the Broadcom Bluetooth/Wifi card removed, I was presented by the EXACT“IOBluetoothHostControl” kernel panic, (followed by reboot), that you both are facing while trying to boot into the installer.

I left the Broadcom Bluetooth/Wifi card unplugged, and attempted to boot OS X installer with my HDD’s EFI partition, as opposed to the test USB’s EFI I had cloned… Same result, “IOBluetoothHostControl” kernel panic, and reboot.

Upon plugging the Broadcom Bluetooth/Wifi card back into the Z170-A, I was able to boot the installer without any problem whatsoever. This means the ASUS Z170-A needs some kind of nativeBluetooth/Wifi card in order to boot the installer."

FINALLY! i have reached the apple OSX installer. Wow progress never looked so sweet :D
I am going to writeup a very detailed step by step tut for us technologically challenged folk when/ and if i ever manage to install El Capitan on Skylake.

So at the OSX installer i can see the SSD drive i want to install to in DISK UTILITY however i am unable to select it as the Install Destination. I have formatted it externally with my Macbook Pro via USB (1 Partition Journaled, GUID Pertition) but it only sees my install USB as a valid install drive?

Any ideas?

Today I tried to install EC on my skylake laptop:
I used the config.plist from the Skylake Starter Gruide thread, added the fix from 7.1. This didn't work. I was also playing around with the graphics id. For any id it keeps the same: I got stuck at the installation (see screenshot).

Any ideas how I can make it through the installation?

Thanks

image20160320_094104132.jpg

USB Inject and USB FixOwnership did the trick for me to get over "enabling legacy matching".

I have tried the 10.11.4 update on my Asus Z170-P D3 motherboard with an i5 6500. I'm happy to report that the integrated Intel HD 7000 is functioning very nicely without any glitching.

Only side effect is that my integrated graphics isn't reported as Intel HD 7000 in System Preferences et al, but some other generic Intel Skylake. This seems to be merely cosmetic.

My primary discrete card is a Gigabyte GTX-750 2OC. The nVidia Web Drivers work a treat too.

So what's the scoop? Is it OK to order Skylake now? I'm having serious issues with my old mobo so ...

edit: I guess based on the last few posts it doesn't look like it's painless to install with it yet

Now that the APIC fix is no longer required (as of 10.11.4), is it suggested to remove that from our configuration? I left it in on my system, and it seems to be fine, but perhaps it is somehow "better" not to have it anymore?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back