Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,

Finally been able to boot El Capitan on my Laptop GE 62 6QF.

I have few issues though.

Framebuffer isn't working at all, does anyone has a working Intel HD 530 on Skylake Laptop ?

Also, no WiFi with Intel AC 3165, is there any solution for this, or intel will be really not possible ?

If not possible, what should I buy instead ?

I used Voodoo HDA pkg to get working sound on my device, but volume seems extremely low.

Any solutions ?

Thanks in advance.
frameBuffer is written the thread itself that its not working. Read the thread once.

Wifi? you gotta buy a new one.

Best:
http://www.amazon.com/AzureWave-AW-CE123H-Bluetooth-Half-Size-PCI-Express/dp/B00HRFS1GQ/

Cheapest:
http://www.amazon.com/Broadcom-Wireless-Internet-Adapter-Netbooks/dp/B002OB0FPI/

yes it is working, but today i have worked some stuff out...

good:
my bluetooth/wifi broadcom adapter card (with 2 wires only) works with both bt & wifi installed in PCI-e 4x slot (1x is blocked by the GPU).

bad:
USB3 is still buggy, i can't attach anything once the system has booted. I will need to remap following the guide here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html
i made the mistake of migrating from my old internal drive to my M2 with migration assistant and my permissions are all messed up, worst of all it's taken down a crucial program so i will be doing a clean install tomorrow and then installing my apps one by one.
my Sunix FWB3414G firewire800 card doesn't work, which I was planning on using to connect to my thunderbolt drive via a TB/FW800 adapter (from apple).

I am waiting for the new nvidia cards to be released before spending anymore money on a new GPU, otherwise it feels like a waste.

Update:
USB ports are mapped, will test thoroughly tomorrow. [ports seem to all be ok]
Firewire is working but devices are not hot swappable and must either be attached pre-boot or mounted via disk utility. [i'm ok with this]
Nvidia drivers don't stick so my computer reboots on every shutdown (Yay). [todays drivers fixed this issue, shutdown works]

The below are still annoying, if anyone knows fixes, let me know ;)
if i enable the XMP profile for my ram in the bios it freaks out and beeps at me, but when i check the specs in about my mac they are correct, assumably because i manually entered the speed into the config.plist?

Every boot adds a new version of my boot drive to the boot priorities list in my UEFI BIOS? I just deleted 50+ of them via Clover before and they just keep coming back?

Did you have to do anything special to get the installer to load for your mobo? I have the same Gigabyte and I tried using the Skylake Stater Guide with a Unibeast created El Capitan USB stick. The furthest I can get is PCI Configuration Begin by using dart=0 nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 -v and tick Fix USB in the options. If I don't click Fix USB I get the attached image. Either way, the thing gets stuck while trying to load the installer.

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    919.3 KB · Views: 156
Does it support HDMI 2.0/a with 4k@60Hz

Dunno yet. I tried yesterday but something went wrong, i wasn't able to boot the install, is loading half of the line after clover bootmenu then its rebooting.

I made my install UBSB on a mac, used unibeast-uefi-latest appstore build.
Then modified the plist fr APIC dict and usb dict in EFI usb partition.
+ SSDT for my mobo

I dont know what's wrong, but I'll try tomorrow again.

I dont know about Intel graphics, i'm using a NVidia GTX 970 but i think i will try to install without gta gpu inserted in mobo.

agufish, I followed loggedout's directions which lead to getting the installer to the apple logo and progress bar but no further, so I changed the system definition on the USB from iMac xx (can't remember what it was in the config.plist) to Mac Pro 3,1 and all of a sudden it installed perfectly. I also had to add the usbinjectall next to get my ports working, I then mapped out the ports specifically for my build.

Apparently my XMP issues can be fixed with the beta bios gigabyte released, I contacted them and they assured me that release has been thoroughly tested and is ok to upgrade via flash.
Update – The Bios update did not fix the XMP issue so I have emailed Gigabyte with my Ram specs asking for a solution directly. They have responded saying they need more time to answer, which makes me think it's an issue at their end being my ram is on their recommended list.

I have tested my WIFI/BT card a little more and although the Wifi works, I only get 0.82Mbps on a 100Mbps connection, so maybe i still need to get an adapter to connect into the 1x slot.

I put my Thunderbolt external (connected via FW800 adapter/card) not working down to the drives being WD Green and not spinning up when the system boots, I've put those drives in the case and they work fine, but I had to put my other storage drives in an old dual bay FW800 enclosure and connect via the FW card.

The ram, weird double boot / restart issues and excess boot priorities are ongoing...

Cerberus73, thank you for one of the most in depth explanations I've received, it will no doubt help many people with this issue!

I finally got around to trying your solution and it worked! I no longer get the extra boot entries in the UEFI/BIOS, thank you! I did cook my windows drive by accident but i already made the changes so i didn't care.

I also got ram XMP recognised in slots 3&4 (weird, i know), and even got it working in slots 1&2 for a few boots, then it started beeping again and i switched back to 3&4. very annoying.

restart on shutdown still persists, if anyone has a solution i'd love to hear it. i feel it might be related to the NVME kext. i tried haltenabler, shutdown fix, slpsmiatwake in clover config to no avail.i'd really love to know away around it.

Hi @loggedout, I have the same config as you, ga-z170mx- gaming 5 motherboard and cpu, can you share with me the EFI folder with drivers and config.plst ?

thank you, I know it sounds lazy but for some reason I have followed your instructions line by line and my system boots up to a ghost busters kind of error message.

I am unable to boot up

also what Bios version do you have on your motherboard?

thank you

I have followed your instructions line by line and my system boots up to a ghost busters kind of error message.

also what Bios version do you have on your motherboard?

Then I'm guessing you are not using Mac Pro3,1 in SMBIOS if you are seeing the circle with line symbol. Logged out uses iMac but that didn't work for me. I've attached my config.plist but you will need to add your make/model/serial for your ram, specify what channel type it is, select which slots they're in and how many slots you have (you have 4).

Also I won't post my custom USB port file as it will be useless to you without the same case as I have, follow the instructions on the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html or use USBinjectall Kext without mods.

in kexts/10.11/ files marked in red are just for hardware monitoring, you don't need them to get up and running. the other kexts (atheros, fakesmc, realtek, usbinjectall – you need these) are from Loggedout's post on page 13 of this thread, grab them there. NVMeGeneric is only required if you are using an MSATA SSD.

Bios is F4i (beta) – Latest I believe.

Manage the drivers through clover configurator ;)

[UPDATE] - my Ram works with XMP Profile1 but only if installed in slots 2 & 4. Seems silly but at least it works.

Attachments

• kexts.png
    kexts.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 165
  • drivers64.png
    drivers64.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 173
  • drivers64uefi.png
    drivers64uefi.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 159
  • usbpatchlocation.png
    usbpatchlocation.png
    43 KB · Views: 138
  • config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 249
:) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :):) :) :)

I would like to report 100% full success on my ~ $120 ASRock Z170M-itx/ac board!

Board info: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170M-ITXac/
BIOS version: 1.7 (came OOB with version 1.3)

What I like about this board is that it is a Z170 chipset but all the previous-generation older components like ALC892, Realtek ethernet, Intel USB 3.0, and Mini PCI-Express as opposed to M.2 for WiFi, all which are better for OS X Hackintosh compatibility. It also has native USB port recognition at address XHCI.

WiFi / Bluetooth:
Broadcom BCM94331CD with Mini-PCI Express version 3.0 adapter, and two extra antenna cables. Drilled two 3/4 inch holes into aluminum port backplate for the two additional antennas.

Attached to this post is EVERYTHING you would need for this board in a .zip file!

Thanks!

- Marcus
Hi Marcus, good job, I have the same board and you saved me a lot of time to install 10.11 on it, thank you :) I have couple of questions to you. Did you manage to fix a reboot after sleep problem? And where did you buy spare antenna cables for your wifi?

Then I'm guessing you are not using Mac Pro3,1 in SMBIOS if you are seeing the circle with line symbol. Logged out uses iMac but that didn't work for me. I've attached my config.plist but you will need to add your make/model/serial for your ram, specify what channel type it is, select which slots they're in and how many slots you have (you have 4).

Also I won't post my custom USB port file as it will be useless to you without the same case as I have, follow the instructions on the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html or use USBinjectall Kext without mods.

in kexts/10.11/ files marked in red are just for hardware monitoring, you don't need them to get up and running. the other kexts (atheros, fakesmc, realtek, usbinjectall – you need these) are from Loggedout's post on page 13 of this thread, grab them there. NVMeGeneric is only required if you are using an MSATA SSD.

Bios is F4i (beta) – Latest I believe.

Manage the drivers through clover configurator ;)
Thanx a lot, I will work on this tomorrow morning, I have the system at my office and don't have access to it now.
BTW I managed the system to boot up, but in all honest true it seems a lot slower than my Poweredge T20 system, but it may be because i don't have the right configuration on it now.
we will see...

once again thanx for the info.

Have you tried the 10.11.3 yet, just curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back