Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I'm guessing you are not using Mac Pro3,1 in SMBIOS if you are seeing the circle with line symbol. Logged out uses iMac but that didn't work for me. I've attached my config.plist but you will need to add your make/model/serial for your ram, specify what channel type it is, select which slots they're in and how many slots you have (you have 4).

Also I won't post my custom USB port file as it will be useless to you without the same case as I have, follow the instructions on the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html or use USBinjectall Kext without mods.

in kexts/10.11/ files marked in red are just for hardware monitoring, you don't need them to get up and running. the other kexts (atheros, fakesmc, realtek, usbinjectall – you need these) are from Loggedout's post on page 13 of this thread, grab them there. NVMeGeneric is only required if you are using an MSATA SSD.

Bios is F4i (beta) – Latest I believe.

Manage the drivers through clover configurator ;)
Thanx a lot, I will work on this tomorrow morning, I have the system at my office and don't have access to it now.
BTW I managed the system to boot up, but in all honest true it seems a lot slower than my Poweredge T20 system, but it may be because i don't have the right configuration on it now.
we will see...

once again thanx for the info.

Have you tried the 10.11.3 yet, just curious?

EDIT.

I get working my Nvidia GTX 460 only with Graphics Injector Menu - Inject Nvidia (on clover boot).
Now I don't understand what flags I need to add on config.plist to bootup without selecting that options everytime. (I have Inject Nvidia = true on config.plist).

So i'm curious, has anyone actually had success with the ASUS Maximus VIII Hero board with i7 6700K?

At the beginning of this thread there is a mention that OS drive needs to be in the ASMEDIA ports on the motherboard, is that still the case?

I've been through the Skylake starter guide 3 times and tried 3 times to reach the El Capitan install screen (like almost a month of trying) and i've not managed to get there yet, even after using the SMBIOS 17,1 iMAC settings shown in the starter guide and with almost every type of boot argument.

It's quite painful. Would be good to know if anyone has successfully installed on this mother board.

At the beginning of this thread there is a mention that OS drive needs to be in the ASMEDIA ports on the motherboard, is that still the case?

Not anymore. You can enable IOAPIC 24-119 entries on config.plist file or BIOS setup. I believe newest BIOS update include that option. (I have Z170-Deluxe and newest BIOS bring that back).
I've been through the Skylake starter guide 3 times and tried 3 times to reach the El Capitan install screen (like almost a month of trying) and i've not managed to get there yet, even after using the SMBIOS 17,1 iMAC settings shown in the starter guide and with almost every type of boot argument.

Try MacPro 3.1 SMBIOS. When You try install OS X remove GPU card and use HD graphics. After OS X install download newest driver your GPU and install. Then install GPU cards back.

Sorry bad english.

Try MacPro 3.1 SMBIOS. When You try install OS X remove GPU card and use HD graphics. After OS X install download newest driver your GPU and install. Then install GPU cards back.

Thank you so much for the reply will try now. I wonder what boot arguments you are using to reach the OSX installer. I currently use dart=0 -v kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nv_disable=1 though i will remove the last nv_disable argument and the graphics cards and use HD Graphics on the 6700k instead. Does it matter if i use the DisplayPort port on the motherboard or will that not be supported. I have the option of HDMI too tho i dont have a spare HDMI cable.

If you could post your config.plist and perhaps even DSDT that would give me a new avenue to investigate.

Thanks again for replying jrpjrp! :thumbup:

Not anymore. You can enable IOAPIC 24-119 entries on config.plist file or BIOS setup. I believe newest BIOS update include that option. (I have Z170-Deluxe and newest BIOS bring that back).

By enabling IOAPIC you mean adding the entries as explained by Ammulder?

i.e.

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake APIC fix, discovered by Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
wegQD7bw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAPIC</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
vhcAAACQ
</data>
</dict>

I have already enabled in my BIOS.

Thank you so much for the reply will try now. I wonder what boot arguments you are using to reach the OSX installer. I currently use dart=0 -v kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nv_disable=1 though i will remove the last nv_disable argument and the graphics cards and use HD Graphics on the 6700k instead. Does it matter if i use the DisplayPort port on the motherboard or will that not be supported. I have the option of HDMI too tho i dont have a spare HDMI cable.

If you could post your config.plist and perhaps even DSDT that would give me a new avenue to investigate.

Thanks again for replying jrpjrp! :thumbup:

I try many boot arguments but that doesn't work for me. First success install I made USB drive using Unibeast (basic settings). Then I make ioapic fix to config.plist. Now install should be work without config.plist fix if You enable that BIOS. I use HDMI before I install GPU card.
Now I use GTX 950 DisplayPort with 4k display.

I try install OS X multiple time with GPU card but always get black screen.

By enabling IOAPIC you mean adding the entries as explained by Ammulder?

Yes, but if You enabled in BIOS You don't need add fix in config.plist.

I try many boot arguments but that doesn't work for me. First success install I made USB drive using Unibeast (basic settings). Then I make ioapic fix to config.plist. Now install should be work without config.plist fix if You enable that BIOS.

Yes well, i have the basic settings config.plist on the EFI partition made by unibeast. I have taken out both GTX980 cards and am running HDMI from the motherboard to my monitor.

I tried to boot with both the default config.plist (made by unibeast) and with the McPro 3,1 SMBIOS added into config.plist via Clover Configurator... both result in the same screen as below.

I tried without boot arguments (although dart=0 seems to be hardcoded) and with the nv_disable argument to see if it made a difference, it didn't unfortunately.

IMAG0057.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back