Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone successfully activated all speedsteps on a i7-6700k? HWINFO for me only shows 2, 900mhz and 4ghz so it's not going down to idle and no turbo plus no states between those 2. I have an ssdt for cpu and clover has all c and p states ticked. El capitan 10.11.2.

What system definition are you using, try using mac pro 3,1 as others may have gpu compatibility issue.

I would love to get this stable on my new system. For one my BIOS doesn't allow the tweaking of the IOAPIC settings and I'm wondering if that's part of the problem?

Half the time I try to boot with the USB drive I get the error immediately that it can't load something so I have to wait 10 seconds to get back into the boot menu. Some times I get the ++++++++++ and it freezes, others I get it to go through. I can get past the USB issue the first time but once it reboots after install it's as if that part of the config is getting bypassed so it can't boot off of either the USB or SATA ports.

Also it only detects 8GB of my RAM. Windows detects the full 16GB. That install is on a different SSD.

Specs:
i5-6500
MSI Mortar Z170M
16GB DDR4
GTS 450 1GB
eSATA SSD

Now I'm able to boot from Clover but I can't reach the install screen it just reboots and reboots again and again. I've already done the H170N guide, and i've tried using boot flagas line nv_Disable=1 and USBFixOwnershio and again I just get a reboot after a little more than a minute. Have anyone had this same problem?

I'm using a Gigabyte B150-HD3 and an i3-6100

Just to update.

Fixed:
- Sleep Wake fixed by unplugging USB - Corsair H110i water cooling.
- Shutdown Fixed in config.plist by activating ShutdownFIX.
- Bluetooth Trackpad is working was only signal issue

Still not working:
- Handoff
- my Monitor flickers and goes black sometimes for 2s (pretty annoying) with Asus Strix 960GTX 4GB (restart fixes for some time) - in Windows works

Fixed:
- on my 34" Monitor i disabled DisplayPort 1.2, i presume now is 1.0 - no Flickering or Black screen for a weeks now

Still not working:
- Handoff

For Handoff i tried every guide i found on internet - nothing worked, so i presume it must be some general issue. Maybe is my system definition. Should i use iMac17,1? Will my Skylake CPU be more compatible with it?

My current system definition is MacPro5,1.

@itech @loggedout: do you also use the USBinjectAll.kext? I also noticed that you use the _OSI to XOSI patch in ACPI and the SSDT_XOSI.aml in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. I have not installed those yet. Do you need to rename all SSDT.aml files sequential for them to be loaded?

Mine doesn't use it using an injector kext. It looks like itech does use it using an SSDT. My injector isn't very thorough so I think I'm going to switch to the SSDT

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X ODD USB type C

I used my original updated 10.11.3 SSD from my older machine to attempt to keep all my apps and data ( at least try to ) on my new skylake build utilizing the EFI partition from the fresh skylake build.

When it loaded to the desktop I was astonished to find both my Type C usb ports that I had plugged stuff into under windows 10 to be working for the first time. I had a type C usb to SATA plugged into an SSD and it shows up and a Type C usb thumb drive and it showed up. Don't know how or why but I found it very strange..... All my applications seem to be fine including Logic X and my Focusrite Scarlett interface.
Now I'm wondering if type c to thunderbolt or DP will work since it runs through the same hardware

ok I discovered if I plug another sata plug into the motherboard the type c to connector on back goes away it does not have to have a drive on it just plugging in a cable does it

Last edited:
Hey Snoots, I have the same motherboard- does the usb-c only work with the one ssd connected? Which SATA port are you plugging it into? Have you tried experimenting with rotating which port to connect to? Going to try unplugging all the sata cables I left plugged in to see if I can get the same results.

I tried all ports any other than my 2 SSDs and no type c in Mac
I have two virtually identical machines the other is working type c with 3rd drive hooked up. It has the beta bios on it I I might see if that makes a difference. I have not had much time to experiment. I also have not tested speed on the type c port.. they show up on the USB 3.0 in the system tool so they might not be running at full speed as I noted the MAC book with type c is only 3.1 (5) not (10) ?? I might have my details wrong since going from memory.

Hello everyone,

I excluded HS11 from my available usb, it is the internal usb header my cooler is connected to.

How did you disable the HS11 header?

edit: nvm, I see the uia_exclude in your config now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back