Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
This means that your OS level (10.11.0) doesn't have iMac17,1 system definition defined.

The solution is to re-download the 10.11.1 version of the Install El Capitan App and recreate the installer.

Thanks!! I see, it was downloaded from the app store a couple of days ago though. I will try again tomorrow. Just to be clear, using the MacPro3,1 definition would not solve anything here right?

Thanks!! I see, it was downloaded from the app store a couple of days ago though. I will try again tomorrow. Just to be clear, using the MacPro3,1 definition would not solve anything here right?

That could work too, but 10.11.1 has Skylake support added so you may as well use that to avoid issues with the kernel.

Everything working now on my GA-170MX-Gaming 5, 6700k, GTX970 build including iMessage.

Is there any chance you could make a build guide if everything is working as it should? It would really help others with that board :)

Is there any chance you could make a build guide if everything is working as it should? It would really help others with that board :)

Seconded!

Hi matey,

what kind of ssd/flash are you using in your setup?

It's not a guide but post 122 is a working log of my progress with that motherboard. I still need to benchmark it and I'm waiting on iGPU support for that. I also want to work my USB port injector so I can avoid the port limit patch.

So I was finally able to install 10.11.1 on my 6600K + MSI Z170A Gaming Pro + AMD R9 390 following the Skylake starter guide, and here is the status:

1. SATA ports work and are all detected
2. Graphics shows up as "Display 7 MB". Works now, see edit.
3. No ethernet (I have the I-219V, so this was expected). For some reason, I can't get any of my USB wireless devices running either. I installed the drivers but the "configuration utilities" just don't open, and Network preferences crashes back to settings: so pretty much no internet for now.
4. USB3 flash drives and hard drives are not detected. USB2 flash drives work on any port. USB3 issues fixed. For some reason, config.plist did not contain the USBXHCIPCI fix.
5. System memory is detected correctly.
6. Clover crashes 50% of the times complaining "Unable to allocate pages". I have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, Need to check if OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi fixes the issue.
7. Display doesn't work when trying to wake up from from sleep.
8. toleda's realtekALC1150 fix does not work, neither does the version from Multibeast.

Any suggestions for the issues I'm having would be very helpful, thanks!

EDIT: Got the R9 390 to work by setting InjectATI to TRUE, FBConfig as Radeon and FakeID as 0x67B01002 in Clover config.

The USB wireless modules were not working because the drivers were not signed and SIP was blocking them. Installed the RaLink drivers after disabling SIP completely and the modules work fine.

So I was finally able to install 10.11.1 on with Pike's fixes and the USBInjectAll.kext (following the Skylake starter guide, basically), and here is the status:

1. SATA ports work and are all detected
2. Graphics shows up as "Display 7 MB". Weird artifacts happen when the UI opens for the first time, and FPS drops in the launchpad etc. Guessing I will have to wait for AMD R9 support to show up? I found a thread that talks about a fix for R9 390 working on a 4790K setup, but I'm guessing motherboard issues would make that inapplicable here.
3. No audio, or ethernet (I have the I-219V, so this was expected). For some reason, I can't get any of my USB wireless devices running either. I installed the drivers but the "configuration utilities" just don't open, and Network preferences crashes back to settings: so pretty much no internet for now
4. USB3 flash drives do not work.
5. System memory is detected correctly.

Given that I have the Realtek ALC1150, can I go ahead and try toleda's audio fix? Does anyone have suggestions about the GPU? In System Report, the graphics says "Vendor: ATI, Device ID: 0x67b1" but the memory is still 7 MB.

*sigh* and I just ordered a R9 390 yesterday ...Couldn't cancel

*sigh* and I just ordered a R9 390 yesterday ...Couldn't cancel

IT WORKS!!

Set FakeID to 0x67B01002, FBConfig to Radeon and Inject ATI to true, and all of my 8192 MB is back and everything is buttery smooth. Can anybody suggest a good GPU benchmarking tool in Mac?

20151127_130404.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back