Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys

I hope anybody can help me.
Last week i buildet my First Hackintosh (yej!! :) )
But I have one Problem
I have installed Mavericks on my PC (Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H)
Everything are working fine but sometimes the System Freeze completely in and nothing works anymore.
Ive saw in a old Article that the ALXEthernet Kext is the Problem. I have tried other Network Kexts but no one are working with my Board.
Have anybody have a Fix for me?

Br.
Michael

You shouldn't need any kexts outside of Multibeast. Which version of the motherboard and bios? What did you select in Multibeast?

Hello

I have the Gigabyte Z77-DS3H rev.1.1 with bios F9

In Multibeast i Have installed those things

DSDT Free
3rd Party SATA
Trim Patch for 10.9.4
FakeSMC v6.8.1315
AppleRTC Patch
Chimera (Basic Boot Option, Generate CPU State, Hibernate Mode, Use KernelCache)
smbios (Mapro 3,1)
SSDT (SandyBridge Core i5 (i have an Intel i5 2400)

Br.

Michael

One don't know your system setup. I recently had a freezing issue tho mine was not software related. I had a 7port powered usb hub that died and was causing the freezing. I removed it and no more. This may not be your case but I troubleshoot hardware before software.

Thank you. Maybe i have found the Problem. I have deactivated the Intel Virtualation Technology and VT-x, maybe this was the problem about the freeze (i have booted up the Mac with dart=0). If I have a system freeze again I will announce.

Br.
Michael

Thank you. Maybe i have found the Problem. I have deactivated the Intel Virtualation Technology and VT-x, maybe this was the problem about the freeze (i have booted up the Mac with dart=0). If I have a system freeze again I will announce.

Br.
Michael
Did that solve your problem? Everything else appears to be correct (although I use an iMac 13,1 as my system definition, but 3,1 shouldn't cause an issue). Do you use SSDT?

Hello ghorwith

Yes I use an SSDT from Multibeast (i5) and use a smbios MacPro 3.1
Here is my smbios:
----------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>Gigabyte-F9</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string>3100</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>3400</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>1600</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>24</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK93769VXYL</string>
</dict>
</plist>

-------------

But I think the Network Kext was the Problem -> ALXEthernet.kext
Everytime when im coping data to my Server via SMB protocol my Mac freezed.
Today i found my Network Card from my old PC (LogiLink PC0029A Gigabit with an RTL8168B Chip)
I have deleted the ALXEthernet Kext to deactivate my Onboard Network Card and installed the RealtekR1000SL.kext (Version 3.0.4d1)(found the Kext with Google) to Enable the Card. Network works fine now and no freeze anymore when Im coping data to my Server. I hope it will remain so otherwise i will report that to you.

BR

Michael alias ph0neTUT

Glad you have a partial fix. You shouldn't have had alxethernet.kext in /S/L/E to begin with. The appropriate driver for the Atheros nic card from Multibeast is inside System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

Now that you have deleted the offending kext, try putting the card back in and run Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back