GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I have a strange problem: Sometimes the main monitor of my 2 monitors is suddenly going into white noise for 1-3 seconds, it looks something like this (moving of course):

3AwV258.jpg

This issue is there since 3-4 months, however it occured so rarely that it wasn't really a problem, I always thought it might be a cable issue. Since this morning however it happens A LOT more often. It appears to only happen when I do something like moving the mouse, browsing the web etc. It doesn't happen when I type or when I do nothing.

As I have a dual boot system another thing to note is, that this only happens in OS X, this problem never appeared in windows. It also never appeared in BIOS. Is it therefore safe to assume that this is not a hardware problem?

I now think about updating to Mavericks as well as installing the latest Nvidia drivers. But I fear that this will cause new problems.

Anyone else know about these kind of issues and might be able to give me some advice?

my system:
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
i7-3770
16GB RAM
Zotac GTX 650

running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion

Thank you!

I have the same problem, did you manage to make any progress on resolving the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back