Contribute
Register

Successful Skylake Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Installation Notes:
Use APCI Skylake config.plist patch. Search this forum and you will get the Skylake Patches and aml and dsdt files.

You mean ACPI right? As in the patch shown here? in step 2 called 2. IOAPIC Fix?

Also if you are able to link the Skylake patches you mean that would be helpful as i can't seem to find them.

Just wanted to document my findings regarding Skylake and Asus Maximus VIII Hero. I managed to boot to OSX desktop using 14,2 profile from clover configurator with NO other options. However i can only manage to install via USB, thats to say, i had to slave my SSD with a sata to usb converter, and use my bootable clover EFI on a USB stick to reach the OSX installer.

El Capitan desktop can only be reached after the initial install with the bootable USB stick still connected and with the SSD connected via sata to usb converter, and only after the automatic reboot that occurs after successful OSX install.

Now i presume this occurs because there is an EFI partition active before (and thus after) the restart so it boots off it? I have tried creating an exclusive EFI partition on the SSD by installing Clover and when that didn't work, i swapped out the Clover folder with the one from my bootable USB this guide
explains how at point 5), however the BIOS still never sees an UEFI partition on the SSD, slaved via my converter or connected as disk 1 on the internal sata channel.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but there must be a way that i can boot off the EFI on my SSD?
I believe this has something to do with my error listed earlier in this thread where the installer was unable to unmount the drive and hence i was forced to install El Capitan with the sata 2 USB converter.

I have removed my GFX cards out the equation... both 980's are detached and im using the onboard Intel HD graphics via HDMI, if that helps anyone :geek:

Thanks GBeard, but it didn't do the trick although i can reach El Cap desktop if slaved via sata 2 USB converter.... whereas before i wasn't successful in getting to desktop once the pc had restarted.

Thanks GBeard, but it didn't do the trick although i can reach El Cap desktop if slaved via sata 2 USB converter.... whereas before i wasn't successful in getting to desktop once the pc had restarted.

Read step 1. BIOS settings here then try SATA.
Patches have been applied to your config.plist

You may also want to read here and here.

Hi guys, orig post said to change SMBIOS to 14,2. I'm in Clover/Unibeast setup and SMBIOS screen - how do I change it from iMac17,1 to iMac14,2? I try typing into "Product Name" but when I hit enter, it returns to iMac17,1.

I'm having a very frustrating time getting my Skylake build to work.

I'm going to try and learn how to take the steps in the "BIG LIST OF SOLUTIONS" (I'm nub, and don't yet understand how to implement the fixes, but trying to get hip to it.) Any help really truly appreciated, thanks!

Been using Macpro 3,1 this whole time, so I tried switching to imac 17, 1 in hopes of getting sleep fixed. After getting the display to work with the appropriate Nvidia fix found here the next issue was sound. The drivers in the el capitan multibeast didn't fully install, there was an error.

Has anyone gotten it fixed? As for the sleep issue, it's still there, but I think it might have to do with my PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back