Contribute
Register

Successful OS install, but Sierra not recognizing GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you installed the correct version of Nvidia web drivers?
Are you sure you have NvidiaWeb checked in Clover Configurator?
Have you tried different ports on the video card? (VGA monitors are not supported)

Are you sure you installed the correct version of Nvidia web drivers?
Are you sure you have NvidiaWeb checked in Clover Configurator?
Have you tried different ports on the video card? (VGA monitors are not supported)

I was able to get back into the computer after turning it from nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1.

Something is not right with your Nvidia web drivers... nv_disable is used to disable the built-in Nvidia drivers. When the Nvidia web drivers are working right, the built-in Nvidia drivers will be disabled anyway.

You can leave nvda_drv checked. That's just an Nvidia web driver enabler.

Check the System Preferences to make sure the Nvidia web drivers are set. Maybe you can try reinstalling the Nvidia web drivers. Also, make sure that NvidiaWeb remains checked after reboots.

Something is not right with your Nvidia web drivers... nv_disable is used to disable the built-in Nvidia drivers. When the Nvidia web drivers are working right, the built-in Nvidia drivers will be disabled anyway.

You can leave nvda_drv checked. That's just an Nvidia web driver enabler.

Check the System Preferences to make sure the Nvidia web drivers are set. Maybe you can try reinstalling the Nvidia web drivers. Also, make sure that NvidiaWeb remains checked after reboots.

Yeah, I don't get what's wrong either. I did what you said to do earlier. I went back and reversed that. Now I reinstalled the web drivers, and I still get the same problem, I boot and the monitor says no device detected. I think I'm going to go back and reinstall OSX and try once more. I can't get into the computer itself without changing nvda_drv=1 back to nv_disable=1

The fact that you need nv_disable tells me the Nvidia web drivers are not working.

Just to reconfirm... You are on Sierra 10.12.3 (Build 16D32) and you are using the following version of Nvidia web drivers?
Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 5.50.26 AM.png

Did you use the iMac 14.2 profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back