Setup:
Gigabyte z170MX-Gaming 5
EVGA GeForce GTX 970
Intel i7-6700
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Team Dark 16gb DDR4 RAM
TP Link N900 Wifi PCI Adapter
Seasonic 520w PSU

I used this guide, and had a successful install: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...e-skylake-fatal1ty-z170-gaming-itx-ac.180383/

But my computer is not recognizing the GPU. I've installed the Nvidia driver, and changed nv_disable=1 to nvda_drv=1, but under ECC in Nvidia settings in Sys Pref, it says No Device Found. I don't know how to work around this. Additionally, I am not sure if I'm editing the correct config.plist in Clover Configurator. In EFI Mounter, do I choose disk0s1 or disk1s1?

Still looking for other solutions, but I'm not sure how to tackle this problem. I also do not have use of my front two USB ports, bluetooth, or audio.

I've installed the Nvidia driver, and changed nv_disable=1 to nvda_drv=1, but under ECC in Nvidia settings in Sys Pref, it says No Device Found.

This is normal. ECC is only available on workstation class video cards such as the Quadro series. Consumer level cards such as GTX 970 does not have ECC will always say No Device Found.

In Clover Configurator, go to System Parameters section and make sure you check "NvidiaWeb".
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 5.27.34 AM.png

Also, in the Graphics section, make sure that "Inject Nvidia" is NOT checked.

What is not working?

Also, as per the rules, please fill out your profile to include your motherboard, CPU, and GPU so that it's easier for others to help you.

What is not working?

Also, as per the rules, please fill out your profile to include your motherboard, CPU, and GPU so that it's easier for others to help you.

Didn't realized it, now fixed.

I'm still experiencing graphics issues. I try using Google Chrome, and it's a mess that looks like a bunch of choppy frames. After checking NvidiaWeb, I opened Clover again, and it was unchecked, as well as nvda_drv=1 being unchecked after checking it in the post-install works.

Did you install EmuvariableUEFI-64 and the RC scripts from MultiBeast? That will help with keeping some of these settings across reboots.

Please fill out your profile.

Did you install EmuvariableUEFI-64 and the RC scripts from MultiBeast? That will help with keeping some of these settings across reboots.

Please fill out your profile.

I have not, I'm not exactly sure what that is or how to install it.

I believe my profile is now filled out, let me know if I missed something.

1. Download the latest Clover bootlaoders: Clover EFI bootloader download | SourceForge.net
2. Launch the installer.
3. Click Next, Next, when you get to "Installation Type", click the "Customize" button.
4. Check "Install RC scripts on target volume".
Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 1.03.05 AM.png
5. Click the little arrow next to "Drivers64UEFI.
Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 1.01.51 AM.png
6. Check "EmuVariableUefi-64.
Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 1.05.58 AM.png
7. Click "Install" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back