Contribute
Register

Success!! Z87MX-D3H i5-4670K Haswell Mavericks Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool build!

I actually have same board and processor but am having issues installing Mavericks. could you please share how you went about installing it?

My system hangs when i try to boot into unibeast mavericks installer:banghead:

[SOLVED] WHILE PLUGGED INTO MONITOR VIA VGA, IT WOULD HANG ON THE APPLE BOOT SCREEN WITH A FROZEN SPINNER. WHEN CONNECTED VIA HDMI, IT LOADED, THEN SHOWED A SNOW STORM, I CHANGED MODE ON TV AND WENT BACK TO PC AND THE INSTALLER WAS LOADING.

All the best

This is also my first build, and venture into the hackintosh community.

Thanks

...My system hangs when i try to boot into unibeast mavericks installer:banghead:

[SOLVED] WHILE PLUGGED INTO MONITOR VIA VGA, IT WOULD HANG ON THE APPLE BOOT SCREEN WITH A FROZEN SPINNER. WHEN CONNECTED VIA HDMI, IT LOADED,...
Apple does not support VGA natively in OS X.

That explains it then.... Hahaha. DOH!:banghead:

thanks

Was struggling with a few things. So i followed this to the letter and I now have a running 'Mac Pro*cough*'

Thanks very much!!!!:clap::headbang:

I have the same components. when I finished installing multibeast and rebooted, I was not able to boot off my ssd. Any help is appreciated.

In your BIOS, make sure you primary boot drive is the Mavericks drive.

In your BIOS, make sure you primary boot drive is the Mavericks drive.

I set the primary to Snow Leopard, but I get a reboot or insert cd to reboot message. I attempted to reinstall mac osx again and now it freezes when I reach the multibeast install. :cry:

I'm new to the hackintosh world. Firstly thanks for posting this guide - I went ahead and bought that motherboard because of your review and others. I've got OS X installed and MultiBeast configured so everything is working besides HDMI audio.

I've worked my way through this thread (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/108302-haswell-hdmi-audio.html) but this is all very new to me and I'm struggling to follow it all.

Instructions I’ve been trying are:

——————————————————————————————————————
1. MaciASL, see Tools, 1.
2. MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/raw.github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_8series/master
3. MaciASL/Patch/8series-Clean Compile
4. MaciASL/Apply/Close/Compile

5. If no dsdt/Device (P0P2), Patch/Desktop-add_dsdt/PCIO/P0P2...
6. MaciASL/Patch/Desktop-HD5K/AMD/Nvidia-A1 or A2 or ....
7. MaciASL/Apply/Close/Compile/Save

8. Install
Location.aml/dsdt.aml
9. Rebuild kernel cache - see Tools, 2.
10. Restart
11. Verify HDMI audio

Location.aml - dsdt.aml/ssdt.aml installation folder

1. Chameleon/Chimera - Extra/
2. Clover - EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/
——————————————————————————————————————

I’m fine up to step 4. Are steps 5-7 required if step 4 compiled without any errors? I assumed so, so I saved and renamed to DSDT.aml. I installed Chimera and put DSDT.aml into /extra/ then recompiled the kernel. However I got a kernel panic on reboot and had to reinstall OS X.

Would you be willing to give me some instructions on what you did since we have the same motherboard/HD4600? Such as from step 4 onwards and what software you used.

I appreciate any help.

Cheers.

EDIT: I have it working now! Used ssdt method instead and no problems. Thank you!

Sorry Kilamite, I just noticed your post today. I'm glad you figured it out and got it working. I actually had to write my own little instruction text for the next time I did it because the ones on that post are very confusing.

Sorry for the newbie question in advance but here it goes. I bought the same motherboard and CPU and all other components off of the buyers guide (8gb ram, 550w Psu, 120gb ssd, 1tb hdd, no gpu for now will run integrated graphics). I have made a bootable usb for mavericks from a MacBook Pro (via unibeast). My newbie question is: do I have to have an earlier version of osx installed or can I just simply set up the bios as needed and proceed to install mavericks from the USB and again follow the guides accordingly afterward? For some reason I keep getting confused and thinking I have to start with (let's say) mountain lion or whatever and then upgrade.

thank you in advance

...My newbie question is: do I have to have an earlier version of osx installed or can I just simply set up the bios as needed and proceed to install mavericks from the USB and again follow the guides accordingly afterward? For some reason I keep getting confused and thinking I have to start with (let's say) mountain lion or whatever and then upgrade.
You can start with Mavericks. See tonymacx86's build description for more information > http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...ell-matx-ga-z87mx-d3h-i7-4770k-hd-4600-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back