Contribute
Register

Success!! Z87MX-D3H i5-4670K Haswell Mavericks Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a graphics card and that is what i currently have the hdmi running out of. it is a nvidia 760
Leave IGPEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

In your BIOS, set the Peripherals > Init Display First parameter to PCIe 1 Slot. By doing so, you'll get your BIOS to show up on graphics card's display. (You may have to connect your HDMI cable to the motherboard to change this setting if you can't see the BIOS flash screen when you first boot. Then, after changing the parameter, save the change, and let the booting continue into OS X. Once in OS X, shut down the computer and change your HDMI cable back to the GTX 760.)

I would like to ask you about your memory configuration. It seems like you are using 3 sticks of Crucial memory and 1 stick on Gskill Ripjaws for a total of 12 gigabytes of memory total? Is this correct. Have you had any lockups or jams? It seems you are mixing memory. I will do something similar and I will two different models of Gskill Ripjaws X memory with my setup and I am worried about running into instability issues. you are overclocking the memory so you are setting the timings manually?

Misscomp

Misscomp,
No I have two sticks of generic (Crucial?) memory running and one stick of G.Skill memory running. They add up to 8GB running at 1600. I have them over clocked to 1866 but have not messed with any timings. The only reason I have the two generic sticks in there is because I was getting lockups with the other G.Skill stick I was trying to use. But for some reason that stick works fine on a Windows system. I have not yet run into any issues using this setup.

Hey!

I made the same build like yours with the same i5 and z87mx.
The systems runs very well... thank you for that awesome tutorial!

Only one thing doesn't work: Hdmi Audio.

I tried to install the appleintelframebuffer kext from the hdmi threat (post36)
but with no success. Maybe you can help me out.
I installed it after the multi beast with kext utility, maybe i forgot something...

cheers

I have the same build. Instalation is not the problem, everything goes fine, but after instalation, when I make all drivers work the system the hangs in unpredictable periods of time, no mather what I'm doing. Hangs are not usual hangs when everything is not working, it is more like screen is freezed but still everything is happening in background. Also, I can move mouse, but I can't click on anything. Sometimes it pass after 15-20 seconds but it appears again after that and sometimes I have to do hard reset.
MemTest checked 24 hours. GpuTest also. On the same computer in Windows 7 everything works perfectly. Tried with update of Mavericks from 10.9.2 to 10.9.4 but the problem remains.
Does anyone have any idea?

Hey!

I made the same build like yours with the same i5 and z87mx.
The systems runs very well... thank you for that awesome tutorial!

Only one thing doesn't work: Hdmi Audio.

I tried to install the appleintelframebuffer kext from the hdmi threat (post36)
but with no success. Maybe you can help me out.
I installed it after the multi beast with kext utility, maybe i forgot something...

cheers

I made my first Hacintosh with the same configuration. After long readings of this forum it is a success. The challenge is to get the HDMI audio working. After multiple tries and tests the simpliest way is to take the appleintelframebuffer (post36), it works. (In fact i find another one with displayport audio and HDMI). You have to install only driver audio (AppleHDA.kext) with Multibeast v6.01 (not latest for wake working). And don't forget to check your AV amplifier (if it is your need of HDMI) because i spent nights to recover HDMI audio : It was worked with my monitor (displayport) and separate HDMI audio but doesn't worked with my videoprojector (HDMI). In fact there was no problems, i only forgot to check the HDMI passtrough control in my AV amplifier.

There is no reasons you don't succeed.

And thanks for all threads with similar configurations. There are a great help.

I've had the same issue since building using nearly the same system.

Exception to his build, I'm using a:
Gigabyte GTX770,
a 4770K, and
16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHz -- no timings altered.

System never stalls in Win 8.1 and has completed days of continuous stress testing/memtest/etc.

I've read that there is a bug in the bios that causes this when running with all 4 DIMS in use...but I get the same random halt/freeze/lockup at random intervals (whether idle or under use) no matter what I do. I reviewed the bios settings in this article and others; and all is set the same.

I too would appreciate any thoughts on resolving this...

...I've read that there is a bug in the bios that causes this when running with all 4 DIMS in use...but I get the same random halt/freeze/lockup at random intervals (whether idle or under use) no matter what I do. I reviewed the bios settings in this article and others; and all is set the same...
Make sure your memory is on the GA motherboard memory list on download web page for the Z87MX. Next, make sure your PSU is certified as Haswell Ready. The Haswell chipset and processors have tighter specs and a lot of the freeses are due to memory and PSU.

It's the only one I have at the moment so I am not entirely sure whether the active adapter is necessary or not. If you try it without, let me know how it works. you can motherboard purchase online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back