Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!] Yosemite on i7-4790K, Asus GRYPHON Z97, EVGA GTX 980 (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why use "AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset" and not "ElliottForceLegacyRTC" in your MultiBeast setup ??
"AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset" prevent CMOS resets under Mavericks. no says nothing about Yosemite

Thanks, that sounds bad...:| but hey, i will try it anyway :D.

Another question, i want to use the wlan pcie card (native Apple Broadcom Chip) from osxwifi. And it would need to be installed in an 1x slot. Because oft that i will need to put the graphics card into the middlet 16x slot, and the ThunderboltEX II/DUAL card into the uppermost. In which slot did you put your ThunderboltEX II/DUAL card? Would it be possible to put it in the uppermost (nearest to the CPU) slot, because of the cable lenght and will it work there? Or does it need to be placed in a specific slot?

Edit: Oh i see you didn't put a thunderbolt card into your system. :rolleyes: Anyone else here who could help me on this question?

Hi, it needs to be placed in the PCIe 2.0x16_3 slot, which is furthest from the CPU.

You should be able to install your WLAN PCIe card in the middle PCIe 3.0x16_2 slot and everything should be fine..

So I have a build similar to the OP (4790K, Gryphon Z97, GTX 980, Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB, CX750M 750W, Noctua NH-U9B SE2 cooler, SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB, SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB, WD Black 2TB, OS X 10.10.3 & Win 7) and have received this screen this screen a few times when rebooting out from Windows:

20150515_155120.jpg

Would repairing Kernel Cache help with the issue, and if so - what is the best way to do it in Yosemite?

EDIT:

It appears when looking in to my .plist file that I had

GenerateCStates & GeneratePStates set to 'Yes'

I have always had much better luck in the past with both set to 'No', so I made the change and will continue testing.

If anybody has any other thoughts or insight, that would be much appreciated!

Oh yeah, I also disabled the following in the BIOS: Enhanced C1 state, CPU C3 Report, CPU C7 & changed C7 Latency from 'Long' to 'Short'.

Hey H4WKE

Have you test your GTX 980 with multi monitor. I just created a post with my setup quick close from yours and I have only one video output. I can't have multi display. Does it work fine with your hack ? Have you a tips for me ?

Thanks a lot,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back