Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS!] Yosemite on i7-4790K, Asus GRYPHON Z97, EVGA GTX 980 (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using 10.10.2, in fact, I upgraded the OS prior to install the drivers, and everything worked fine.

However, the graphic card is detected as "NVidia Graphics Device 2047MB" o_O, but this doesn´t affect at all.

Regards

I installed Windows on the machine yesterday.. I eventually want to have a great all-in-one studio/video editing and gaming beast which utilizes Thunderbolt for an Apollo Twin audio interface and a possible [FONT=OpenSans, arial, sans-sarif]3440 x 1440 display..[/FONT]

[FONT=OpenSans, arial, sans-sarif]Anyway, I forgot to attach the ThunderboltEX II dual to the Thunderbolt header, so I have to go back to the office today and hope the cable is still in the box..[/FONT]:banghead:

Once I get Thunderbolt working, then I will install the 970..

As always, thoughts, comments, suggestions are much appreciated!

I'm using 10.10.2, in fact, I upgraded the OS prior to install the drivers, and everything worked fine.

However, the graphic card is detected as "NVidia Graphics Device 2047MB" o_O, but this doesn´t affect at all.

Regards

Great! Good to know.. thanks!

Ok, so I got the TB-header cable , installed it and and so far everything has been going smooth.

I was able to get my Universal Audio Apollo Twin to connect ,but had to delete all TB-related kexts beforehand. Interestingly, the Apple TB to FW800 adapter was able to connect prior to deleting all TB-related kexts...

So yes, very happy at this point and now time to install the 970... wish me luck!

Everything's been running breezy after retrieving & installing the TB-header cable (and required extra adapter, for the heads up).

I was able to get my Universal Audio Apollo Twin to connect, but had to delete all TB-related kexts beforehand. Interestingly, the Apple TB to FW800 adapter was able to connect prior to my deletion of all the offending kexts...

So yes, very happy at this point and now time to install the 970... wish me luck!

EDIT: Card installed and
working great - looks like another success thread coming soon.. :headbang: thanks everyone!

EDIT 2: I managed to get a piped DP signal from the 970 out of the other TB port, which puts me on the right track for a
3440 x 1440 gaming and multimedia monster..:mrgreen:

hey there,

I too want to build up a Machine with that Asus Board an Thunderbolt.

- So, you just deleted the Thunderbolt Kexts and everything run smoothly? You can hot plug Thunderbolt Devices?
Apple Adapters Work ? Plug&Play ?

- Board an System running Stable?

some Suggestions for OOB Wifi/bluetooth Combo Card for OS X ?

as for GPU I want to take a 650GTX ... because native compatible

Thanks!

Unfortunately iMessage does not work but this seems to be a universal issue with all Hackintoshes right now.

Good luck with your build. Let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks, that sounds bad...:| but hey, i will try it anyway :D.

Another question, i want to use the wlan pcie card (native Apple Broadcom Chip) from osxwifi. And it would need to be installed in an 1x slot. Because oft that i will need to put the graphics card into the middlet 16x slot, and the ThunderboltEX II/DUAL card into the uppermost. In which slot did you put your ThunderboltEX II/DUAL card? Would it be possible to put it in the uppermost (nearest to the CPU) slot, because of the cable lenght and will it work there? Or does it need to be placed in a specific slot?

Edit: Oh i see you didn't put a thunderbolt card into your system. :rolleyes: Anyone else here who could help me on this question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back