Contribute
Register

Success with Asus ThunderboltEX 3 and Z370 and UAD Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback...

I attached my ioJones file. Hoppe you see somthing. I switched off my Hack and unplugged the power corde for about two minutes.

I have 6 HDD Drive inside my hack and made a raid0 with the disk utility. I would say it's a internal raid? But I'm not sure about the terms.

Here is my BIOS M.2 setup
signal-2021-01-18-172903.jpeg

Attachments

• Hack_01 2.iojones
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback...

I attached my ioJones file. Hoppe you see somthing. I switched off my Hack and unplugged the power corde for about two minutes.

I have 6 HDD Drive inside my hack and made a raid0 with the disk utility. I would say it's a internal raid? But I'm not sure about the terms.

Here is my BIOS M.2 setup
View attachment 505486
I'm currently updating the post so bare with me.

Let's try something. Lets try connecting your Raid0 but tell Opencore not to search for SATA devices. If that doesn't work then we can try disabling Thunderbolt in bios.

I want you to open your Opencore Config file and go to Misc>Security>Scan Policy and change the number to 17694979.

PS after we get this running, I've dialed in my EFI more and would like to share. But one step at a time!

Hej I'm glad you're helping me!

First I tried to change the Scan Policy and the reboot. No success!
signal-2021-01-19-171747.jpeg

Then I tried Fully disabling TB in BIOS, but I get the same message.
So no boot with RAID :(

here is the log from the oc efi

Attachments

• opencore-2021-01-19-162449.txt
    256 KB · Views: 42
Hej I'm glad you're helping me!

First I tried to change the Scan Policy and the reboot. No success!
View attachment 505580

Then I tried Fully disabling TB in BIOS, but I get the same message.
So no boot with RAID :(
We're getting closer don't sweat it! I've made some changes here. Please put your enable your thunderbolt bios settings. You'll need to re enter them all likely. Here's a link to my guide with them.

And try this EFI!

Attachments

• EFI 065 v2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
ok I did that in the BIOS and then rebooted with the new EFI. But it is again the loop. I don't see the bootloader menu.

RAID0 is plugged in

ok I did that in the BIOS and then rebooted with the new EFI. But it is again the loop. I don't see the bootloader menu.
K, keep this EFI but disable the RAID (or however you've been doing it). I want to confirm this EFI is good for you.

The system boots but I don't see anything. So black screen before loggin

The system boots but I don't see anything. So black screen before loggin
Oh no I forgot the boot arg!

Please add this boot argument to the NVRAM.

agdpmod=pikera

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 12.38.53 PM.png

can't clear nvram, I don't see the boot meue
No success, still black screen (I managed to clear the nvram with the clover and then reboot in OC)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back