Contribute
Register

[Success] twsps' Build: ASUS Z270i Strix - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 4K - M.2 - ALC1220

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fanclub, what kext did you use for audio? Is your front panel audio working?

the DAC connects to the computer via USB or toslink cable, and then you plug the headphones/speakers directly into them, not into your computer. in osx these (ie: the two i mentioned) devices are literally plug and play, so no kexts required. the creative x7 does have drivers that give it more functionality, but it will still work without them.

i havent even tried to get the onboard rear/front ports working sorry mate. when i press ALT and click the volume icon in menu bar, i cant see any onboard options available so it's not even installed. i will try this weekend.

fyi, on my machine if USB not having correct SSDT to inject usb ports, USB dac would periodically drop connection. Replug/reboot can fix.
so, a custom SSDT-USB important t

@fanclub
thx for the tip, I never really use SPDIF.
though HDMI having no volume control is a pain in the ass, though it's not related to on-board Audio.

fyi, on my machine if USB not having correct SSDT to inject usb ports, USB dac would periodically drop connection. Replug/reboot can fix.
so, a custom SSDT-USB important t

@fanclub
thx for the tip, I never really use SPDIF.
though HDMI having no volume control is a pain in the ass, though it's not related to on-board Audio.
I believe I have the guide for USB ports on the first post, check on it. Might be helpful for you.

Best Wishes,
twsps

@twsps
that's the reason I mentioned "without SSDT" you may experience problem with some USB DAC.
In your #1 there's none.
I tested a few different systems and DACs, all of them needed a fully configured USB ports to work properly with/without driver from manufacturer.

port limit change patch isn't for long term.
You could read Rehabman's guide in the link you provided, it has everything you need to create your own.

Awesome work! I have the same motherboard and processor. I'm going to use your manual this weekend. But some images of the manual are not available. If it's possible, can you reload it? Thank you!

• Have you tried a second M.2 SSD on the backside yet…?
Asus says the M.2 slots can be set up in a RAID, but I don't know if that is Windows only…?

Would be cool to have the M.2s in RAID under macOS…!

Hello! I have a problem :cry:
I followed your guide, but I can not even get the "Language Chooser" screen. I tried a lot of these tips https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pitan-install-problems.173991/#CategoryFreeze but no success:
1. Set nv_disable = 1 / 0
2. Remove all folders in EFI/CLOVER/kexts (except the "Other" folder with the FakeSMC and etc.)
3. Boot without dGPU (with internal)

But I always had the same result (Freeze or hang on apple logo, progress bar, prohibited sign, or grey/white screen - 4. article in the post above).

My hardware configuration:
Intel Core i7-7700k (i injected FakeCPUID)
Asus Rog Strix z270i (mini-itx)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16gb
Nvidia GTX 970 (i tried hdmi, dp, DVI)
Samsung 960pro (i used your manual for it)

After boot from uefi flash drive, i am on the clover screen. I choose "External" and installation starts. But on the 85% it's freezed. Over a time cursor (beach ball) became visible but if i clicked it disappears.

Attachments

• 20170423_200550.jpg
    20170423_200550.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 126
  • 20170423_201631.jpg
    20170423_201631.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 94
Stowaway try removing the video card and install using the onboard video. Once you've finished getting OSX stable and working, then go through the process of adding the nvidia card afterwards

also you will need to inject fake intelgfx too - cpu alone is not enough... i think this is where your install is failing

Last edited:
  • Have you tried a second M.2 SSD on the backside yet…?
Asus says the M.2 slots can be set up in a RAID, but I don't know if that is Windows only…?

Would be cool to have the M.2s in RAID under macOS…!

i'm not sure about raid, but to answer the original question i am using both slots. one w/ clover and osx, one with windows

i installed one m.2 and setup osx first, then removed it and installed the other m.2 and set up windows, then i added the osx one back and set it to the primary boot device. sees the windows partition no worries.

Stowaway try removing the video card and install using the onboard video. Once you've finished getting OSX stable and working, then go through the process of adding the nvidia card afterwards
Thank you for reply! I see you have the same motherboard, what video port did you use while installation (ASUS Rog Strix z270i has a two ports - hdmi and dp)? And what usb port did you use? (and what version 2.0/3.0?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back