Contribute
Register

[Success] twsps' Build: ASUS Z270i Strix - i7-7700K - HD 630 - 4K - M.2 - ALC1220

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stork thx, was doing it last night, didn't notice they had 10.45 out.
testing now!

Did you do anything specific to load nVidia web driver?
Mine says it is not compatible with current OS version 10.12.4 updating through App store.

As Stork mentioned above, yes, Nvidia's graphics were broken after the update. As OS X was updating, I remembered that I will need a 10.12.4 driver and was prepared to be out of action for a few days/weeks (well not out of action, but with the laggy graphics issue that you'll encounter after updating).

THANKFULLY the 10.12.4 web driver was released about an hour later! Installing that fixed everything. So update OS X first, then update the web driver.

Oh, and, after updating 10.12.4, I tried iMessage out again just for giggles and grins. I never got this working on 10.12.3, tried the Idiots Guide method and other similar methods 6 times total without success.

Lo and behold, it worked! I've rebooted several times, and my iMessage now stays signed in and receives/lets me send messages the same way that my legit MacBook Pro works. Maybe 10.12.4 has Kaby Lake specific stuff that maybe make our Kaby Lake builds look a bit more like genuine Macs now? Either way, it works!!! Also tested sleep/wake again, but didn't have any success there unfortunately.

@fanclub Did you get your front panel mic and headphone working? My back port works, but not at the front port.

Oh, and, after updating 10.12.4, I tried iMessage out again just for giggles and grins. I never got this working on 10.12.3, tried the Idiots Guide method and other similar methods 6 times total without success.

Lo and behold, it worked! I've rebooted several times, and my iMessage now stays signed in and receives/lets me send messages the same way that my legit MacBook Pro works. Maybe 10.12.4 has Kaby Lake specific stuff that maybe make our Kaby Lake builds look a bit more like genuine Macs now? Either way, it works!!! Also tested sleep/wake again, but didn't have any success there unfortunately.
For the sleep/wake issue, I got boot up with no screen when wake from sleep, and it reboots again.
I've also tried darkwake=0,10,8,no, but no luck.
So I checked
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
in Terminal, and I found different outputs using keyboard or power button to wake up.
Power button:
Code:
Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SAT0(),GLAN(IntelMausi):
Keyboard:
Code:
Darkwake Exit Failure during wake due to 0x34053000000032:

I'm curious what did you have in your terminal using the command, since I think it could be bluetooth and ethernet problem.

Have u try to replace the wifi card to bcm94360? I think it's possible to change it, and have u done the DSDT and SSDT? Does applelpc,rtc and x86platform load properly? Furthermore, I want to ask what king powermanagement chip does Z270i use? Can u use native power management or only null cpu powermanagement? Planning to buy this board after research all kind chip work fine, I don't mind any chips that can be replace, only worry about the builtin chip that cannot be replace

For the sleep/wake issue, I got boot up with no screen when wake from sleep, and it reboots again.
I've also tried darkwake=0,10,8,no, but no luck.
So I checked
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
in Terminal, and I found different outputs using keyboard or power button to wake up.
Power button:
Code:
Drivers Failure during wake due to GFX0(),SAT0(),GLAN(IntelMausi):
Keyboard:
Code:
Darkwake Exit Failure during wake due to 0x34053000000032:

I'm curious what did you have in your terminal using the command, since I think it could be bluetooth and ethernet problem.

I will get back to you on tha,t mate. I doubt it'd be a Bluetooth problem as Ii've completely disabled Bluetooth in BIOS now. I've ordered a new board and will return this one very soon.

Also, with my Ethernet, I discovered that it was my file server not the hackintosh. I recently re-cabled the area around the file server, and I must not have used a different cable. File server said the connection was still gigabit, but outgoing speed wont go over 12MB/s. I swapped it for a known working gigabit Ethernet cable and the issue went away.

I think sleep/wake hackintosh issues are just something unique to Kaby Lake... I have looked at quite a few builds with Kaby Lake boards and nobody has been able to get sleep/wake working. When Apple release Kaby Lake Macs, I think we'll have much better success!

ALSO RE: the audio, I didn't test front or even the back ports. Sorry mate, as I've always used an external DAC instead (and this works fine as it has native OS X support anyway).

I will get back to you on tha,t mate. I doubt it'd be a Bluetooth problem as Ii've completely disabled Bluetooth in BIOS now. I've ordered a new board and will return this one very soon.

Also, with my Ethernet, I discovered that it was my file server not the hackintosh. I recently re-cabled the area around the file server, and I must not have used a different cable. File server said the connection was still gigabit, but outgoing speed wont go over 12MB/s. I swapped it for a known working gigabit Ethernet cable and the issue went away.

I think sleep/wake hackintosh issues are just something unique to Kaby Lake... I have looked at quite a few builds with Kaby Lake boards and nobody has been able to get sleep/wake working. When Apple release Kaby Lake Macs, I think we'll have much better success!

ALSO RE: the audio, I didn't test front or even the back ports. Sorry mate, as I've always used an external DAC instead (and this works fine as it has native OS X support anyway).

Thanks for the reply.

I think its very cheap to get another chips to install on it since I can find other kind of wifi card in Chinese shopping website. It looks like only two screws that can be take it out. Its easy to replaced. I would better to change this card. The wifi chips can not work should be for a long time until Apple would update their computer to these wifi chips or other manufacturer building a special wifi card for Apple computer. Since I don't like any issue that cannot be solve in my computer, as it will be used every day. The Ethernet card ,I'm not worried about it due to I can see many board with the same chips and works fine. But as I mention before, I worry about the chips doesn't work in this computer as audio, Ethernet, powermanagement chips all are the chips that cannot be replaceable. So I think we should pay more attention on these kind of chips to make a prefect Mac !:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMG_1255.JPG
Hi
I fallow the guide and after the last restart.
I've done all till the end where i restart my pc and restarts started.
Any idea what is wrong?
Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back