Contribute
Register

[Success] tnhl1989's first build: Maximus V Gene - i5 3570k - 16GB Ram - GTX 660 - OS X 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X220
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Tnhl1989's first build: Maximus V Gene - Core i5 3570K - GTX 660

Current update 11/8/16

Components

Apple OS X Sierra
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?mt=12

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS V GENE mATX Motherboard
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RIFJPY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Intel i5-3750K Ivy Bridge Processor
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SZ0E1K/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

- To be added ASAP -

Comments

This is my first build computer and now refreshed to be an hackintosh with sierra. If I didn't get this working I would've just made another build with the asus gene viii.

Making the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive

Use the tonymacx86 guide UniBeast: Install OS X Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC. Note: your USB Thumb drive needs to have 7.63 GB of free space to build the UniBeast installation thumb drive. Otherwise, you'll need a 16GB USB thumb drive which is a better size so you can load the following applications for use in the post installation phase:
:ch: MultiBeast for Sierra which you can probably put on a 8GB USB thumb drive, but that's about it
:ch: EFI Mounter V3
:ch: Clover Configurator for fine tuning
:ch: (Optional) the nVidia Web drivers for the Maxwell chipset cards (750, 750 Ti, 950 Ti, etc). See tonymacx86's sticky thread in the Graphics forum section or MacVidCards driver list.

Installation Notes

:ch: Insert the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive in the USB port
:ch: Boot into the Sierra Installer with the UniBeast Installer USB thumb drive to begin the installation.
:ch: (Optional) If you have a current nVidia graphics card, then Boot with nv_disable=1 (spacebar at the Clover boot screen) until you install the nVidia web drivers;
:ch: When the Part 2 install process ask you to log into iCloud, do not log in - skip it - as it messes up Messages;
:ch: Run MultiBeast and selection the following:
:ch: Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC898
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet
:ch: Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0 (RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI.kext)
:ch: Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit (and adds RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext)
:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration​
Note: The default System Definition is the iMac13,2 for Sierra. I recommend you use this SysDef to do your installation and get Sierra up and running. You can change it later if need be.

Still doing the write up for this.

Current Issues

I get a flicker from one of my monitors on the dual monitor setup. Not sure what is why that is happening.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Tony’s iMac.zip
    723.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 657
Hi! Did you ever update this? I'm struggling with an ASUS GENE V build with 3770K and GTX 680. I get a black screen after the Apple logo when booting from the Sierra install. Any help would be great! Also when I boot from the USB, I only get a tiny resolution even after installing web drivers? I don't get why my card isn't recognized automatically?

Cheers

since I have very close hardware to you tnhl1989 or atleast to your build, All I ask is one simple question, do you have AUDIO! that is the one thing im fighting with in 10.11, if i can fix it just by upgrading, well yipee kayee is what i say!

since I have very close hardware to you tnhl1989 or atleast to your build, All I ask is one simple question, do you have AUDIO! that is the one thing im fighting with in 10.11, if i can fix it just by upgrading, well yipee kayee is what i say!
I actually don't use this machine anymore. Did you try the Realtek ALC898 ?

I actually don't use this machine anymore. Did you try the Realtek ALC898 ?
i did but i had to really finagle with the stupid thing, first everything in 10.12 worked except audio, then in finally getting audio i broke the USB, then i had to go make that work, but now its fine, minus the fact I cannot get a virtual machine running, also yes in 10.11 i tried everything for audio but i gave up, so that I could simply just follow your guide in hopes i would not tear my hair out in the process... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back