installed alc892 and got enabled sound preferences
i have 2 line out, 1 optical and 1 mic but no sound at all

do i need something else to do?

my specs
z170-a
16gb ram
gtx970
ssd crucial

Select Sound in System Preferences. Can you select sounds or do you get an error message like "no device found" or such ?
If there is a device, try a different jack. I used the green one and had to select internal speaker in system preferences.

If you get an error message try again to install sound.

Did you make any changes to your config.plist or dsdt ?
Did you update OS X after running Multibeast ?

i installed 10.11.4 directly
only updated iTunes after install

i already reinstalled alc892 with multibeast but no luck
my config is same from first post file, i followed the guide step by step ( included file as attachment)
i use green jack ( the one working on windows) and others like black... and tried different outputs but no sound

these are my extensions
zqDiZeL.png

and the sound panel
MYkAGgR.png

and mac details
Acip2ek.png

motherboard is asus z170-a

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 246
Can't see anything wrong. It shows as a device, so the drivers get loaded. The Inject Value is correct - indicated by showing as a device as well.

Normally I'd say it's hardware related, like no power to active speakers, volume down or mute on speaker, or wrong port connected and/or selected.
But you say it does work under Windows.
When did you try sound under Windows last ? After OS X Installation or before ?

Can you try some different speaker ?
VCN uses an Audio Inject Value of 1. You could try whether this makes a change.

i have another disc with windows 10 installed so yes, speakers working right now on windows
i dont have another speakers to test, they 2.1 creative , maybe some headphones
not sure what VCN is
btw this speakers were working ok with similar setup 4790k and asus z97a on elcapitan hackintosh

Hello,

I don't have experience with AMD cards so can't comment about your problem. I recommend you to search on the forum what other users with your card brand did to make it work.

I didn't have sound problems either, all I did was select internal speaker on the configuration and connect the speakers to the green port at the back.

I also changed the inject value of audio at the config.plist to 1 because that's what the driver's developer recommends and it made the front microphone work as well as the audio after sleep.

If you tested under Windows right now, you do not have to test with different speakers. Changing speakers or using a headphone was just to make sure that there is not any quirk in the computer - speaker connection, but if you just checked under Windows than it should be fine. The Jack to be used under OS X might still be different.

vcn is a user, who posted besides other things, that he used a different inject value.

I do not use the Z170-A anymore so I can't check whether it may be related to the Multibeast version. Can't even check what jack, output device selection I used. On the Z170-K it was definitely internal and green. On the Z170i-Pro Gaming it is Lineout and black, but can't remember the Z170-A.

There are other methods of installing sound like voodooHDA, you might try one of those.
If sound didn't work, either the the device was not available, or it was something like Jack/device setting combination or the volume not set high enough somewhere in the output chain.
And without being able to see and feel the error, I'm not really able to help, sorry.

thanks for the effort
actually tested with headphones with same result
volume is at max just to panic when it works :banghead:
programs like spotify play the song and after a while says can't play current song

tried voodoo, it doesn't work , no device detected while checking voodoo preferences

actually i´m a little lost, i see applealc applehda and realtekalc kext
which one i need? realtek only isn't it?

Hello,

I don't have experience with AMD cards so can't comment about your problem. I recommend you to search on the forum what other users with your card brand did to make it work.

I didn't have sound problems either, all I did was select internal speaker on the configuration and connect the speakers to the green port at the back.

I also changed the inject value of audio at the config.plist to 1 because that's what the driver's developer recommends and it made the front microphone work as well as the audio after sleep.

which line is that value?

solved, restored native AppleHDA and MultiBeast patch again and its working with green jack and internal speakers output

now trying the inject and sleep patch
set inject to 1 on config and downloaded last version of CodecCommander from Rehabman

it doesn't seems to work and not sure how to install it
theres 2 files had-verb and CodecCommander.kext
which folder should i put them? /S/L/E ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back