EVGA 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am the outlying user who is booting from an ASUS Z170-A with the Broadcom BCD94360CD AIC. Decided I would help some others who were having trouble with ASUS Z170-A and couldn't get past the IOBluetoothHoatController kernel panic, by testing out your guide. Here are my results.

Loaded Optimized defaults.
Entered all of your BIOS configurations specified.
Created UniBeast 10.11.2 USB, and followed your kext folder instructions by copying kexts USBInjectAll and FakeSMC from 10.11 to Other.
Copied over your SSDT into the patched folder.
Copied over your config.plist into the CLOVER folder.

In order to properly test this, I unplugged my Broadcom card and then booted the EFI USB.

I was greeted with the same exact IOBluetoothHostController kernel panic.

Im thinking, since the Broadcom card provides me with an Internet connection, I may need the IntelEthernet kext your post was referencing. Where can I obtain it?

EDIT: Downgrading the BIOS to version 0901 left me booting fine without the Broadcom card. Thanks!

Last edited:
This thread could not have come at a better time. Just got my 6700k running on my Z170-A with my gtx 980. That's some luck :)

This thread could not have come at a better time. Just got my 6700k running on my Z170-A with my gtx 980. That's some luck :)
That's exactly how I felt about the Skylake support in general. I had to make myself wait until the fall semester ended, or else my grades would've suffered from spending all of my time on this.
The first day after finals, I immediately spent learning the new curve to OS X El Capitan! :headbang:

Hello!

This is my first post here. I've followed the troubleshooting regarding the Asus Z170-A and I am thrilled that you seem to have found the solution. You are a real hero to outline the whole process so thorougly. Thank you! I will try this as soon as I get back from my christmas vacation. Since it will be my first attempt I'll likely screw something up but I look forward to learning the ropes! :)

Thanks much for explaining! :thumbup: Gave me the courage to try and patch something myself next time.

As far as the SMBIOS goes, I tried 17,1 before and had new problems as well, which is why I just decided to go with 3.1. It seems, like you said, 3,1 allows most things to pass through.

Hey I was wondering if you could help me out on the post installation steps .. I ran Multibeast but I don't know which selections I should make .. since my sound , network are not working and the graphics looks really bad ..

Hey I was wondering if you could help me out on the post installation steps .. I ran Multibeast but I don't know which selections I should make .. since my sound , network are not working and the graphics looks really bad ..

Unfortunately I'm not too sure what to do as far as those problems go. I didn't need to use MultiBeast because:
  • my network worked natively through my Broadcom card,
  • I'm using an Apple Cinema Display, which uses USB for sound,
  • and I have not tried using the Intel HD 530 Graphics.
Most people say that as of right now, the HD 530 is buggy. There may be a fix soon, keep an eye out. But as far as the other problems go, in the original post, Brumbaer explains what to use and what not to use in MultiBeast.

Try that out and let us know!

I'm having a problem copying over the IntelMausiInternet and GenericUSBXHCI to /L/E. It says the system extension " " was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update. Also, where can I find the Nvidia drivers?

I used kextbeast .. it worked after a few tries .. don't know why it took several time ..

I finally got everything to work! The sound does not seem to work after it wakes up from sleep.

Sorry for my ignorance but where does one find the GenericUSBXHCI.kext? I only have the USBInjectAll.kext. Maybe this is common knowledge but it would be very helpful for noobs such as me to know which kexts to put on the usb drive before the whole installation process is underway.
Found it...

I had just removed the nvidia disable flag and was trying to move the IntelMausiEthernet to the extensions folder when an error occurred and the computer immediately restarted itself and then I couldn't boot back either from the usb, the drive with the installation or using recovery. It just keeps restarting itself so I tried verbose and safe mode but it hangs on a line saying ACPI.

I will try reinstalling again because I suspect the USB became corrupt when I mounted the EFI. The EFI was mounted by itself and then the kext folder had all the default folders but I had to remove the USB to put all the kexts not mentioned in the beginning on it. But that made EFI not appear so I had to manually mount it but then the folders were as when I had altered the kext folder as instructed. So now I'm redoing the process from scratch with Unibeast and I will try putting the kexts that I've found on it and also the nvidia web drivers.

Sorry for the long post. As someone wise said, I didn't have time to write a short one. ;)

Looking at the Asus Z170-K thread it seems like I might've screwed up trying to put the IntelMausiEthernet in Extensions by hand instead of using kextbeast?

Edit: Just saw this in the Z170-K Thread: "Do not install HWSensors. At least one of the kexts will crash the System." I actually did that because I thought it'd be nice to have it installed.. Maybe that's the problem here.

Thank you! I did search for it but overlooked it. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back