CPU
Q9650
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This, mind, was using a "hand-built" installer as per the beta instructions, before Unibeast for Sierra was ready. One change from my earlier attempts: I went ahead and used the iMac14,2 config.plist (against my better judgement, I thought, but it was highly recommended).

First off, the default iMac14,2 sysdef works just fine—even though it's a very different machine than either a MacPro3,1 (which I used with El Cap) or an iMac10,1 heavily tweaked with Clover Configurator (which I used with the beta). Mea culpa to all those I told otherwise. :oops: Two quirks, though: SpeedStep doesn't seem to be working, and the "GPU Fan" sensor is returning an absurd value of 15,000+ RPM (if it were really going that fast, I'd hear it shrieking as it tore itself to pieces).

Second, audio works just fine, which wasn't the case with the beta (largely because there was no MultiBeast). So does Bluetooth, which I didn't even try. Since I don't have a mike, I haven't tried Siri.

Third, video does too—after following this post. The default MultiBeast-provided config.plist doesn't reflect this, however; you'll need to edit this per instructions. Trying to do this with the beta, using the iMac10,1 sysdef, resulted in a blank screen.

One other issue: Don't forget a Hackintosh is still a PC, not a Mac. A dead CMOS battery can cause all sorts of weird problems, same as in Windows or Linux. :crazy:

Kudos again to the tonymacx86 team for all the support, and putting up with my bloviating! :headbang:

I just popped in a Q9500 in my EP45-UD3P to try upgrade from El Capitan. Changed it to a 14,2. The upgrade is taking a long time to boot to a grey screen. Can you share your config.plist and list of drivers being loaded with Clover please?

I just popped in a Q9500 in my EP45-UD3P to try upgrade from El Capitan. Changed it to a 14,2. The upgrade is taking a long time to boot to a grey screen. Can you share your config.plist and list of drivers being loaded with Clover please?

To avoid the upgrade grey screen put FakeSMC.kext in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Thank P1lgrim. Turns our I made too many changes at once (new chip, update BIOS (to support chip), upgrade OS). I isolated to a working clover config on a test drive/install which worked almost perfectly using the standard unibeast install with nvidia injection. Im skeptical that its a good idea to do an in place upgrade of any system without first testing a Sierra clover config - especially if you use 3,1 or 10,1. My setup that worked with El Capitan didn't work with Sierra without some modifications and possibly updated drivers. Then I was able to upgrade. The only issue I have is that the PC won't shutdown, but not sure if thats due to the FFb bios I used (which is the only option supporting Q9500 on the website - maybe I should try to find FE if its more stable) or a Clover parameter/driver. Still need to figure that out, which is why I was hoping to see what other people have in their clover directory and config.plist for this on Sierra. Maybe my z87x-oc won't have any of these issues in upgrading the OS - which is next on my list. Im frankly amazed how well this 6 year old system runs Sierra - I notice no difference in every day use from a 1 year old rig.

Hey did you ever get everything smoothly figured out? It sounds like you are working from the original LifeHakcer build...which I have been using for many years now with pretty good success. Right now, I'm at a really stable place with El Capitan...so I was questioning if an upgrade or even fresh install would be worth it.

Hi did any of you have shut down issues ? More often than not it does not shut down fully, but the odd time it does, i have ticked fix shutdown in clover and made sure there's no wake in the bios.
Thanks G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back