Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
but did you have the same "Disk not ejected properly" issue even with USB sticks that are not powered ... ? ...
Nope, all my USB ports are USB 3 or higher, but coz USB 2 compatible, did you enable S4, S5 etc, some boards remove power from USB while at sleep.

Hi, I have a problem when starting the installation. I do not detect the hard disks any idea?

Hi, I have a problem when starting the installation. I do not detect the hard disks any idea?
Based on your info, which is very limited ;) I assume you don't see the drive in Disk Utility, if that is the case I would check if you see the drive in BIOS, check cables, is drive supported, what type is it, was the drive used for other purpose, Do you use M.2 Slots , Try another SATA port; and last try Load Defaults in BIOS ([Fn] F5) with drive attached, if not already done.

Hi, thanks for the information.
I have the same rig as you, but I can not make the audio work. Did you do something special or different?

thanks

Hi @Stork,

The last thing I ever install, is the audio. That is, I have restarted several times before doing so.

According to IOREG, I have a Realtec 0x10ec1168 (ALC1220), which according to @toleda, is supported.
But ... the layoud-id is <00> and I have not found a way to change it. :(

Try running MultiBeast again, just selecting your audio choice(s) for your Z97.

Hi Stork,

Try running MultiBeast again, just selecting your audio choice(s) for your Z97.

I have already installed the audios again with MultiBeast. And it does not work.
Aahh, another thing, the z97 is my current machine, it works like the gods. I am building a new computer, with Asus Prime z270-a, 32GB ram, ssd 1TB, EVGA GTX 1080, raidcard with 5x4TB.
But the audio does not work.

To get audio working you'll need to use the Green sound port on the Rear Panel with the System Preference's Sound pane set up as follows:

full

full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back