Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
@margate & @Stork

Thank you very much for all the guidance and help. I've managed to get my Sierra hackintosh up and running.

Just need to configure a few more things such as bluetooth, handoff & continuity, iMessages etc etc.

Maybe you should write a User Build report here with you specific HW for others

Maybe you should write a User Build report here with you specific HW for others
I plan to do that in the near future after getting more things working such as iMessage and the likes.

By the way, how are you getting your WiFi and bluetooth? Dongles? or natively?

May I know why you have chosen that chip specifically? And based on what I understand from previous researches, the 4 antenna card is better no?

It does, but WiFi seems to be buggy. So I prefer native WiFi and bluetooth.

I meant nic=lan :) I prefer not to use WiFi at all for the work i do; I bought the parts to play with; however I found out after ordering that I properly need BCM94360CD for handoff/continuity. In regards to throughput cnaught had a decent result with BCM94322MC.

For handoff/continuity there might be some luck with Continuity Activation Tool, there are only 2 antenna connectors on BCM94322MC.

The import taxes for items outside EU is ridiculous in DK, if an item is more than $12 then taxes might apply + fee $24 for examine the package :clap::clap:

Oh. I see. I would like to always use LAN if possible but sometimes the conditions just do not allow for LAN and WiFi would be more suitable.

So I should be getting the BCM943360CD for best results? Will it also work when I'm in my windows OS?

Haha. I live in Malaysia so it isn't that huge of a problem for me

Need some help. How come your idle power draw is around 5W? My CPU is a 6700 non K, and I get roughly around 13 on idle. Have you under volt'ed your CPU?

Need some help. How come your idle power draw is around 5W? My CPU is a 6700 non K, and I get roughly around 13 on idle. Have you under volt'ed your CPU?

Hi, I do not recall measure power usage, are you sure posted in correct thread? I did not change any OC settings.

Hi, I do not recall measure power usage, are you sure posted in correct thread? I did not change any OC settings.
In your screenshots, over the HWmonitor, I see your power draw quite low. Mine never comes below 10W even on idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back