Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I installed Sierra 10.12.6, it works perfectly except the hd 630 graphics card in multi-monitor mode. The only working output is the display port, DVi and the Hdmi does not work. I've updated both Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kexts but nothing. Has anyone been able to work in multi-monitor mode?
My Configuration is an Asus Z270-A with I7700K.

I'm having the audio issue with this setup as well.

1) When using Multibeast and selecting ALC1220 I don't see any audio outputs. (ran it multiple times).
2) When selecting ALC1220A (Which, according to ASUS, this board has) I DO see the audio outputs.
- When plugging in my headphone it is recognized. However I get no audio.

Running Audio_codecdetect_v2.2.command:
Realtek: 0x10ec1168
Name: Realtek ALC1220
Audio ID: Not Supported
Current Audio ID: 1

Can't seem to figure it out.

I'm having the audio issue with this setup as well.

1) When using Multibeast and selecting ALC1220 I don't see any audio outputs. (ran it multiple times).
2) When selecting ALC1220A (Which, according to ASUS, this board has) I DO see the audio outputs.
- When plugging in my headphone it is recognized. However I get no audio.

Running Audio_codecdetect_v2.2.command:
Realtek: 0x10ec1168
Name: Realtek ALC1220
Audio ID: Not Supported
Current Audio ID: 1

Can't seem to figure it out.
Use applealc from https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases and install the kext using kextsbeast. Then using clover configuration, change the layout to 1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 08.35.12.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 08.35.12.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Hi guys, I have same machine
ASUS Prime Z270-A
i7-7770K 4.2ghz
ASUS GTX 1060 - 6gb STRIX
HDD WD 3TB
SSD Samsung 256GB
Corsair RM 750X

HDD - Win 10

and want Sierra on SSD

and I have this problem

usbmsc identifier (non-unique) 0x48d 0x1176 0x100

Attachments

• IMG_9138.JPG
    IMG_9138.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_9140.JPG
    IMG_9140.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
Hi margate , I was wondering if sound works after the computer goes to sleep. I have almost the same exact set up and parts. Also are you able to monitor the GPU fan and temps? I'm on 10.12.6 Thank you in advance.
I have no issues at all resuming from sleep in regards Audio, The only issue I see from time to time when resuming from standby is that my display screws up with big squares and flickering, I believe this is due to Nvidia Beta drivers. mostly I do a normal shutdown overnight.

Thanks for a teriffic post! But I'm currently stuck at getting clover to launch! I have almost the exact same hardware but when i try to boot from usb the screen flashes black, one blink with underline cursor in top left corner and then back to BIOS, so not even able to get into clover at the first place. Any ideas? Is there a way to troubleshoot?

I double checked bios settings, especially the secure boot settings.

thanks!

Thanks for a teriffic post! But I'm currently stuck at getting clover to launch! I have almost the exact same hardware but when i try to boot from usb the screen flashes black, one blink with underline cursor in top left corner and then back to BIOS, so not even able to get into clover at the first place. Any ideas? Is there a way to troubleshoot?

I double checked bios settings, especially the secure boot settings.

thanks!

Is your Nvidia card installed is system doing the initial install? I updated Post #1 to indicate when I added Nvidia card as I didn't see the use of it, before adding NvidiaWeb drivers

Is your Nvidia card installed is system doing the initial install? I updated Post #1 to indicate when I added Nvidia card as I didn't see the use of it, before adding NvidiaWeb drivers
Tried and removed it but still no luck. Can't even reach clover. When I select to boot from usb screen just goes black and then back to bios. Same bios version, same bios settings.

I'll try a new usb thumb and redo the unibeast preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back