Contribute
Register

[Success] Sierra (now Big Sur) - ASUS Prime Z270-A - 64GB - i7 7700K 4.2Ghz - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that you said that video card was not installed during process, so does it mean that this cpu supports on graphics board.
Well, Screens was terrible on Gigabyte without NvidiaWeb drives, and I don't think there is a way to install NvidiaWeb before one has a running config.

Looking to use this as my first Hackintosh build for my audio production setup and had some questions:

- I'm planning on using a iStarUSA 2U chassis, would this present any problems?

- Any reason for using a 1000 Watt PSU when a 600 Watt PSU should do the trick?
(I can get a 600 Watt PSU for free)​

- Is this a stable enough build to run an audio production workstation on?
(the build meets the requirments of the DAW I'm using and its supported plugins)​

Thanks for the awesome guide!
My design was made with focus on silence, An "oversized" 1000W PSU produce lower temperatures, also I use all FAN's there run a push/pull through cabinet, these are set to 300 RPM min, which is more or less stable throughout the day.

2U might be very tight if you want to use liquid cooler, also some video cards quite high - so watch out

My design was made with focus on silence, An "oversized" 1000W PSU produce lower temperatures, also I use all FAN's there run a push/pull through cabinet, these are set to 300 RPM min, which is more or less stable throughout the day.

2U might be very tight if you want to use liquid cooler, also some video cards quite high - so watch out

Sweet! I grabbed a 4u version of that server chassis just in case it wouldn't fit in the 2u! Any helpful links or advice for setting up a raid on a hackintosh with this setup (buying the exact parts in your build)?

Thanks for quick reply!

I'v been trying to get the drivers to work. I finally was able for the system to recognize my Nvidia card, but Nvidia web drivers wont load. I tried patches, and it just wont do it.

Will the above guide help if I need to install High Sierra?
I assume you have same mobo? I did an upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra, BIOS settings in this thread will match as I didn't made any changes, besides that look for a High Sierra fresh install guide

I am having the issue of USB 2.0 speed drop on the same motherboard. Copying speed starting at 150 mbps first drops to 40 mbps after a few seconds.
Which dsdt patch should I use to solve this?

I am having the issue of USB 2.0 speed drop on the same motherboard. Copying speed starting at 150 mbps first drops to 40 mbps after a few seconds.
Which dsdt patch should I use to solve this?
I would go through install steps again, can you enlighten me? how you tested and how you got those results? what is the speeds using a USB3 stick?

Hi margate!
Could you upload your files from EFI folder (dsdt.aml and config.plist), or the entire Efi folder?
Thank you very much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back