- May 11, 2011
- Gigabyte Z170N-WIFI
- GTX 560 Ti
- , , , , ,
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
This is a guide for installing OSX Sierra 10.12.5 onto the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI boot using an Intel 600P 512GB PCIE NVME and a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti card. If you don't have a NVME card or a Nvidia card this guide can still work for you - simply bypass those steps.
- Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI board
- 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
- Intel Core i7 6700 3.4GHz Chip
- MSI GTX 560 Ti Frozer III Graphics
- Intel P600 512GB PCIE NVME
- ADATA SP900 256GB SSD
- 550W Haswell-compatible Cooling Fan
- 16GB USB Key (for Unibeast)
- Spare Hackintosh/Mac (for editing if necessary)
NVME detection and bootup
Nvidia Web Graphics Driver
USB 3.0 & 2.0
Full sound with volume adjustment
Full screen 1040P and res selection
1) For preparations beforehand, make sure the BIOS settings are Hackintosh-compatible ie.
set to UEFI OS Booting mode on, AHCI on, VT-d disabled etc.
2) Download the latest Unibeast and Multibeast for Sierra from Tonymacx86 as well as Sierra.
Connect system via Intel HDMI port to monitor.
3) Make a bootable Unibeast USB Key and install Sierra 10.12.4 or 5 following the site's guide.
To simplify the installation I used an ADATA 256GB SSD to perform the install before
later cloning it to the NVME via Superduper.
4) Boot into Sierra using Safe Mode ie. spacebar at prompt, then select Safe Mode / -X
5) Install and run Multibeast with the following settings:
UEFI Boot Mode
100/200 series Audio
USB Increase Port Limit 100 Series
Clover v2.4K r4063 UEFI Boot Mode
iMac 17,1 Definition
If setting up the Nvidia card, proceed below (do not reboot).
Nvidia Card Setup
1) Download Nvidia Web Drivers for 10.12.5
Also install Nvidia CUDA drivers.
2) Install Nvidia drivers.
1) Run safe mode again and run Clover Configurator.
For Nvidia card settings choose:
ACPI - FixShutdown
Boot - 0x2000, darkwake=0, dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1
Install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12
Also turn off the internal card in BIOS.
Run Toledo's Automatic HDMI Audio script here
(If running 10.12.4)
1) Download OSX Sierra Combo 10.12.5
2) Download Pacifist
3) Using Pacifist, extract IONVMEFamily.kext from Combo file. Save file to Desktop
4) Download RehabMan's NVME script for OSX Sierra from here. cd to the extracted location and run patch for 10.12.5 in Terminal with argument that corresponds to the plist you wish to patch with eg.:
5) Open Textedit and open the KextsToPatch content for Sierra you need to add to the Clover config.plist file found in EFI/Clover/ in your EFI partition as well as the config.plist in your EFI partition. Copy the content (starting from and including the two dicts in angled brackets) and paste them into your config.plist under the KextsToPatch section. If it is done correctly, opening the config.plist under Clover should reveal a list of items listed under IONVMEFamily in the KextsToPatch section.
6) Add NVMEExpress driver in Clover.
7) Save the updated config.plist file and reboot system. Upon reboot you should see the NVME ready.
8) Clone SSD