5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 5.52.30 PM.png

This is a guide for installing OSX Sierra 10.12.5 onto the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI boot using an Intel 600P 512GB PCIE NVME and a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti card. If you don't have a NVME card or a Nvidia card this guide can still work for you - simply bypass those steps.

COMPONENTS

• Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI board
  • 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
  • Intel Core i7 6700 3.4GHz Chip
  • MSI GTX 560 Ti Frozer III Graphics
  • Intel P600 512GB PCIE NVME
  • ADATA SP900 256GB SSD
  • 550W Haswell-compatible Cooling Fan
Other tools needed
  • 16GB USB Key (for Unibeast)
  • Spare Hackintosh/Mac (for editing if necessary)

What works

NVME detection and bootup
Nvidia Web Graphics Driver
USB 3.0 & 2.0
Full sound with volume adjustment
Full screen 1040P and res selection
Ethernet

What doesn't

Bluetooth

SETUP

1) For preparations beforehand, make sure the BIOS settings are Hackintosh-compatible ie.
set to UEFI OS Booting mode on, AHCI on, VT-d disabled etc.

2) Download the latest Unibeast and Multibeast for Sierra from Tonymacx86 as well as Sierra.
Connect system via Intel HDMI port to monitor.

3) Make a bootable Unibeast USB Key and install Sierra 10.12.4 or 5 following the site's guide.
To simplify the installation I used an ADATA 256GB SSD to perform the install before
later cloning it to the NVME via Superduper.

4) Boot into Sierra using Safe Mode ie. spacebar at prompt, then select Safe Mode / -X

5) Install and run Multibeast with the following settings:

UEFI Boot Mode
Realtek ALC1150
100/200 series Audio
FakeSMC v6.25
IntelMausiEthernet 2.20
USB Increase Port Limit 100 Series
Clover v2.4K r4063 UEFI Boot Mode
iMac 17,1 Definition

If setting up the Nvidia card, proceed below (do not reboot).
Otherwise reboot.

Nvidia Card Setup

1) Download Nvidia Web Drivers for 10.12.5
Also install Nvidia CUDA drivers.

2) Install Nvidia drivers.

After rebooting

1) Run safe mode again and run Clover Configurator.

For Nvidia card settings choose:

ACPI - FixShutdown
Boot - 0x2000, darkwake=0, dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1
NvidiaWeb

Install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12

Reboot

Also turn off the internal card in BIOS.

Audio Setup

Run Toledo's Automatic HDMI Audio script here

NVME Setup

(If running 10.12.4)
1) Download OSX Sierra Combo 10.12.5
2) Download Pacifist
3) Using Pacifist, extract IONVMEFamily.kext from Combo file. Save file to Desktop

4) Download RehabMan's NVME script for OSX Sierra from here. cd to the extracted location and run patch for 10.12.5 in Terminal with argument that corresponds to the plist you wish to patch with eg.:

Code:
./patch_nvme.sh 10_12_5

Once that is done, a file will be produced ie. HackNVMeFamily-10_12_5.kext. Using Clover Configurator, mount into the EFI partition and save it into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12/

5) Open Textedit and open the KextsToPatch content for Sierra you need to add to the Clover config.plist file found in EFI/Clover/ in your EFI partition as well as the config.plist in your EFI partition. Copy the content (starting from and including the two dicts in angled brackets) and paste them into your config.plist under the KextsToPatch section. If it is done correctly, opening the config.plist under Clover should reveal a list of items listed under IONVMEFamily in the KextsToPatch section.

6) Add NVMEExpress driver in Clover.

7) Save the updated config.plist file and reboot system. Upon reboot you should see the NVME ready.

8) Clone SSD

Last edited:
Thank you for the guide !!! Now my hackintosh work perfectly with your multibeast option ! I became Crazy for 5 days ! Thank you @Middleman

@Middleman
Thanks for your kind instruction. I finally sorted out how to make my Intel 600P usable with 10.12.6

The key is to add the content from NVMe_patches_10_12_6.plist from rehabman into the KextToPatch section of the file config.plist under EFI/clove folder, while put the generated kext into the EFI/Clover/kexts/others.

The first half has puzzled me for days, and I am glad I solved it with your post. I am really happy now.:clap:

Cloned the installed OSX onto the 600P and it is working after reboot.

Cheers.

Just a minor update on anyone trying to update their system to 10.12.6, please be aware that it may be a slightly more complicated process to upgrade. I had my system working with the 10.12.6 combo update, but less than a week later it stopped booting up. Not sure if it was due to a faulty NVMe drive, but installing 10.12.6 on two separate drives, one using the combo update and one using Unibeast installer stick gave me the same bootup problems, which I finally solved using the methods below.

1) Booting 10.12.6 from Unibeast USB stick
If you are using a Unibeast USB, I suggest using the latest 7.11 Unibeast for the Sierra 10.12.6 download. Also place the latest Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into EFI/Clover on the USB. The stick should boot without any extra options.

2) Updating existing system with Combo
If you are upgrading from 10.12.5 after using the 10.12.6 Combo update, your system may not boot up properly afterwards for you to complete the Nvidia 10.12.6 driver update (WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg) to get the system working normally, plus the updated 10.12.6 NVMe driver in the NVME/EFI/Clover folder. To get around this issue, you will need to boot using the updated Unibeast USB stick described above, and at boot up, press F12 to select your Unibeast USB stick's Clover boot partition and boot from that or preferably a 2nd test harddrive to allow you to copy whatever files to your NVMe. Then, at Clover menu, select your test harddrive and using the Clover options, select nv_disable=1, nvda_drv=1 and debug=0x100. This should allow you using the Intel driver to boot right into the new system via the Nvidia HDMI port. From there you can install the latest Nvidia web drivers and add the updated Rehabman NVMe 10_12_6.kext to your test drive or NVME's EFI/Clover folder. Also add in there, using Kext Utility the updated Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, the Rehabman NVMe Hackr kext, FakeSMC and the USBInjectAll from the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder. Then change using Clover Configurator, the config.plist for the test/NVMe drive to boot with darkwake=0, dart=0, debug=0x100 and nvda_drv=1. Also make sure your SMBIOS settings are correct ie. iMac 17,1 definition with valid serial number & SmUUID, and that the Inject NVidia setting has been checked in Graphics. Then in terminal run sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / and reboot.

I've tried this and it screwed up my installation. Have tried clean install and every time get the same kp. Starting to pull my hair out. Any pointers?
IMG_3021.jpg

What version of the install are you using? Is it 10.12.4 or .5? If still stuck you could try doing it using version 10.12.6 with Unibeast 7.11. On the Unibeast stick after creating it, using Clover's EFI mounter, add in the Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, FakeSMC and USBInjectAll into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and then change its config.plist using Clover Config under Boot to include darkwake=0, dart=0 in the boot args. Then save the config.plist. When you boot from the stick, press space and select Verbose and the boot without panic option (debug0x100) and it should boot without problems.
If you still have problems you may have to change your SMBIOS values using Clover Config to include the memory spec and size.

I followed this post to do my installation. Similar hardware:

GA-Z170N-WiFi
Fenvi T919 Wifi/Bluetooth
Samsung NVMe 256G
Samsung SSD 500G
i7-6700
High Sierra 10.13.2

I installed High Sierra on the NVMe drive first. Initially, I was not able to connect the bluetooth keyboard. I unplugged the M2 Wifi module that came with the MB and the bluetooth is now functioning. I have some flicker in the graphics rendering and I'm not sure how to fix that (HD530.) It's not a big problem however. The problem I have is with Sleep. Initially, it apparently went into a kernel panic and rebooted. I then installed 10.13.2 onto the SSD. Now the Sleep shuts off the monitor although the mouse cursor is still displayed. The system fans and such still run however. Upon pressing the mouse key the monitor comes back on. Again, not a big deal but I'd feel better about the installation stability if I could get this working as designed.

I played with the darkwake setting but they don't affect the behavior very much. One other thing, the initial installation I used the default iMac 14.2 system definition. I just tried the iMac 17.1 which didn't seem to change anything.

I am not yet familiar with the file structure for the patches and such and it appears I need to dig into this. Any suggestions about the Sleep thing would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the helpful posts.

@gcoz76, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Screenshot-2019-07-25B.png

This is just an update for anyone interested in upgrading this setup to Mojave 10.14.4.

Preinstall prerequisites and setup (using original BIOS profile for Sierra above)
1) Backup main drive using Carbon Copy Cloner or Superduper with the EFI backup script
2) BIOS: Under Peripherals, enable Above 4G Decoding
Under BIOS, change Storage Boot Option Control to UEFI
3) Spare USB key with at least 32GB space
4) Copy Multibeast for Mojave to the USB key's root
5) Optional but recommended: new blank hard drive for testing the install

For Nvidia users - as Mojave doesn't officially have Nvidia drivers, it is recommended to uninstall your Nvidia card and Nvidia drivers and from your system before proceeding.

1) Follow and create Mojave Install USB key using Unibeast 9.2.0 using this guide > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

2) Press F12 at boot and select your USB key ie. UEFI USB key with Install OSX

3) At Clover prompt select Install OSX. Follow the onscreen prompts

4) Install OSX onto your main drive (I used a blank drive on SATA).

5) Follow the install procedure. If the system reboots, select F12 and select the USB Install key.
It should automatically point to the next part of the system upgrade, if not try Preboot Installation first.

6) After the main installation completes (which should take at least 30 mins) the system will reboot. Press F12 again to select your USB Install key to boot Clover, then select the newly installed macOS Mojave main partition to boot. DO NOT select any of the Preboot or Recovery partitions.

7) The system should boot into Mojave without issues so run Multibeast setup on your key with the following settings:

UEFI Boot Mode
AppleALC + 100/200 series Audio
FakeSMC + FakeSMC Plugins + FakeSMC HWMonitor application
IntelMausiEthernet 2.20
Remove XHCI USB port Limit
USBInjectAll
CloverUEFI Bootmode for normal SATA drive users | CloverUEFI Bootmode + Emulated NVRAM for NVMe users
Core Graphics Fixup aka WhateverGreen
iMac 14,2 Definition

8) Reboot. After rebooting t system should be working in Mojave 10.14.4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back