Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With your EFİ, the PC booted up. But I can not see the login prompt. Only black background and working mouse cursor. I think your config file has been modified for your external GPU. İn Clover screen I modified some boot args or inject Intel but result is same (inject Intel gives KP).

I am using only internal GPU with display port and 4K monitor.
Did you resolve your issue with black login screen? Have you made sure your BIOS settings are appropriate; i.e., initial display? If you need a modified Config, I can try and modify the one I sent you. I just need to know what you'd like changed.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@ hueybul - when you're ready to make the switch to OpenCore just give me a shout and I'll post my Efi folders. I have the two versions testing, Official OpenCore and NDK OC Fork. The NDK Fork has a Clover like feel to the boot menu which some people prefer but the Official OpenCore has a more real Mac feel to it. You would be impressed at the boot up time compared to Clover almost half the boot time. Although it is still in Beta form, it won't be long way off to official release.

The two versions I have, everything works even Boot chime although this feature has been dropped from new Macs. But I got so use to having it with Clover, I kind of missed it and decided to add it to OC, so like I said when you're ready to be adventurous :) just give me a shout - Be safe and keep well.
Hey esafeddie. Can I still take you up on that offer regarding the OpenCore EFI? I've been doing some research since there was once issue with PCI data controller Hard drives showing up as external. Found the fix, but a long at the way, ran in to a post about OpenCore which sparked my interest. Not sure if I'm ready for the switch, but it would be nice to play around with. I've got a couple of clones of my setup. So, I'll use one of those to fiddle around with. No rush, at your leisure. Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WFI
CPU
i7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No problem - grab your self a copy of PlistEdit Pro to inject your S/N, MBL and UUID values into the config.plist that's all you do with this folder and you should be up and running no problem. You can use Xcode to inject the values as mentioned but I find Xcode can be a bit quirky at times.

Before I forget, you must remove all instances of Clover on the disk, OC tutorial tells you where to look to find Clover files, you cannot mix files from Clover only S/N, MBL and UUID values to maintain Apple Services. Good luck.

Attachments

• Opencore EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 63
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Did you resolve your issue with black login screen? Have you made sure your Bios settings are appropriate, ie initial display? If you need a modified Config, I can try and modify the one I sent you, just need to know what you'd like changed.
Yes fixed. The single problem is wake up. After wake up, I can not get display and only one fix is hard resetting. It is not BIOS related. There is no problem on Clover.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No problem - grab your self a copy of PlistEdit Pro to inject your S/N, MBL and UUID values into the config.plist that's all you do with this folder and you should be up and running no problem. You can use Xcode to inject the values as mentioned but I find Xcode can be a bit quirky at times.

Before I forget, you must remove all instances of Clover on the disk, OC tutorial tells you where to look to find Clover files, you cannot mix files from Clover only S/N, MBL and UUID values to maintain Apple Services. Good luck.
Thanks esafeddie! This should keep me busy for quite some time!

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Don't try it on your running installation, on a spare is advisable. If you get it running, stay away from version 0.5.9 it is a bit buggy at the moment with the boot menu. If you're dual booting with Windows, it does not see the Windows disk.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks @esafeddie

It is not BIOS or HW related. S/W function works properly on another installation with Clover.

Meanwhile, I saw in your config you use Broadcom BT adapter. It works without any kexts but you have AirportBRCM kets. Could I ask why did you add these ?

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks @esafeddie

It is not BIOS or HW related. S/W function works properly on another installation with Clover.

Meanwhile, I saw in your config you use Broadcom BT adapter. It works without any kexts but you have AirportBRCM kets. Could I ask why did you add these ?

It's been configured to give a better signal as my p/c is far from my router at least that's what I was told by the person who compiled it for me and I do see an improvement with full bars.