Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hueybui

I would be glad if you upload your EFI, and maybe inform me your L/E kexts lists.

The past recommended method of placing third party kexts in L/E Folder is obsolete because of the security reconstruction of Catalina. All added kexts should be added to the 'Other Folder' in the EFI Partition and not L/E Folder.

@ hueybul - when you're ready to make the switch to OpenCore just give me a shout and I'll post my Efi folders. I have the two versions testing, Official OpenCore and NDK OC Fork. The NDK Fork has a Clover like feel to the boot menu which some people prefer but the Official OpenCore has a more real Mac feel to it. You would be impressed at the boot up time compared to Clover almost half the boot time. Although it is still in Beta form, it won't be long way off to official release.

The two versions I have, everything works even Boot chime although this feature has been dropped from new Macs. But I got so use to having it with Clover, I kind of missed it and decided to add it to OC, so like I said when you're ready to be adventurous :) just give me a shout - Be safe and keep well.

Here you go. Hope this helps. I had followed a build guide on tonymac and it was working spot on in Mojave, but things went sideways when I updated to Catalina. Take a look at the attached working EFI for my Board and set up...compare it to the other EFI I attached in the other posts, which is my mold EFI. They're dramatically different Config.
With your EFİ, the PC booted up. But I can not see the login prompt. Only black background and working mouse cursor. I think your config file has been modified for your external GPU. İn Clover screen I modified some boot args or inject Intel but result is same (inject Intel gives KP).

I am using only internal GPU with display port and 4K monitor.

@YaPaY

See this thread for moving your hackintosh related kexts from the /L/E/ folder to the .../Clover/kexts/other/folder.

@ hueybul - when you're ready to make the switch to OpenCore just give me a shout and I'll post my Efi folders. I have the two versions testing, Official OpenCore and NDK OC Fork. The NDK Fork has a Clover like feel to the boot menu which some people prefer but the Official OpenCore has a more real Mac feel to it. You would be impressed at the boot up time compared to Clover almost half the boot time. Although it is still in Beta form, it won't be long way off to official release.

The two versions I have, everything works even Boot chime although this feature has been dropped from new Macs. But I got so use to having it with Clover, I kind of missed it and decided to add it to OC, so like I said when you're ready to be adventurous :) just give me a shout - Be safe and keep well.
Thanks esafeddie. I'm still stoked to have everything working again, given the lockdown and nowhere to go. :) I've been meaning to compare the Config and EFI you helped me with vs. my old one. Things completely changed up. TBH, I've been hackintoshing for a while, but pretty much don't keep up to date on things until such time that I need to update or build, so, each time it's like learning all over since things change often. I'm still pretty stumped about why my Build wouldn't work with the Catalina upgrade. I'll definitely check those two, Opencore and NDK OC Fork. Any pointers or resources on where I can learn about the respective Config and EFI that you helped me with? Would love to read up and learn on it. Searching through all the forums for each of the patches, etc has been a daunting task. I'm determined to figure out where I went wrong though. Thanks for all your help!

@ hueybul - actually the various forums are a good learning place, I tend to read as many posts as possible even if I am not having the problem the poster is having. Pretty often when another member comes along with an answer they would give a reason why the problem was happening and offer a cure.

Another habit of mine, I make notes and lots of them that I keep on a thumb drive as a go to that I call 'Tips and Fixes', it is all relevant stuff that I have gleaned from others more knowledgeable than my self over the years. The TM site is a good site for Hackintosh beginners, I've been here since Snow Leopard on a legacy board, the Mods and members are super helpful. Just take your time and enjoy your hack, Clover will continue to be around for a long time yet so don't worry about OC just yet.

@ hueybul - actually the various forums are a good learning place, I tend to read as many posts as possible even if I am not having the problem the poster is having. Pretty often when another member comes along with an answer they would give a reason why the problem was happening and offer a cure.

Another habit of mine, I make notes and lots of them that I keep on a thumb drive as a go to that I call 'Tips and Fixes', it is all relevant stuff that I have gleaned from others more knowledgeable than my self over the years. The TM site is a good site for Hackintosh beginners, I've been here since Snow Leopard on a legacy board, the Mods and members are super helpful. Just take your time and enjoy your hack, Clover will continue to be around for a long time yet so don't worry about OC just yet.
Good tip! I keep notes, but usually only as I'm having problems and looking for a solution. However, keeping notes on the regular is a great idea! I think I'll start doing that. I'm sure there's going to be a ton of questions I have when I get a chance to compare the two Configs. Lots to re-learn! Thanks again man...like I said, you saved my ass!

With your EFİ, the PC booted up. But I can not see the login prompt. Only black background and working mouse cursor. I think your config file has been modified for your external GPU. İn Clover screen I modified some boot args or inject Intel but result is same (inject Intel gives KP).

I am using only internal GPU with display port and 4K monitor.
Did you resolve your issue with black login screen? Have you made sure your BIOS settings are appropriate; i.e., initial display? If you need a modified Config, I can try and modify the one I sent you. I just need to know what you'd like changed.

Hey esafeddie. Can I still take you up on that offer regarding the OpenCore EFI? I've been doing some research since there was once issue with PCI data controller Hard drives showing up as external. Found the fix, but a long at the way, ran in to a post about OpenCore which sparked my interest. Not sure if I'm ready for the switch, but it would be nice to play around with. I've got a couple of clones of my setup. So, I'll use one of those to fiddle around with. No rush, at your leisure. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back