Contribute
Register

[Success] PYNTy-Mac i7 8700 - Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI - 16GB RAM - Sapphire RX 580 - Mojave 10.14.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@markoskz Nice build and great guide to follow.

1. Have you tried SMBIOS 19.2?
2. When Apple is booting you have purple glitches like this with your RX 580?
Hi, When I updated to 10.14.5 that began to happen, then update to an Vega 56, and those pink lines also appear, only in the boot, does not harm anything in the system when it is already running, I have not noticed anything strange, I still do not update to 19.2, I'll do it in a few days, and I'll also update the main post here, Regards

Hi, When I updated to 10.14.5 that began to happen, then update to an Vega 56, and those pink lines also appear, only in the boot, does not harm anything in the system when it is already running, I have not noticed anything strange, I still do not update to 19.2, I'll do it in a few days, and I'll also update the main post here, Regards

Looks only like cosmetic issue anything else

Last edited:
Hi! I am kinda confused with the STEP 6. POST INSTALL part. I am not yet installing macOS. I am still learning the process of installing before I buy my parts. I am confused on how to open the Clover Configurator and mount EFI stuff. Can you provide screenshots so that I can understand? I am so sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, in the previous step, which is to install Clover into the SSD. Do I download the Clover installer from my hackintosh, or download it from another Mac then copy it to a flash drive to then copy it to the hackintosh?

One more thing, what are the things do I need to change in the EFI file you provided, given that I am using Intel i5 9600K, MSI RX 570, and Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro?

Thank you!

Hi! I am kinda confused with the STEP 6. POST INSTALL part. I am not yet installing macOS. I am still learning the process of installing before I buy my parts. I am confused on how to open the Clover Configurator and mount EFI stuff. Can you provide screenshots so that I can understand? I am so sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, in the previous step, which is to install Clover into the SSD. Do I download the Clover installer from my hackintosh, or download it from another Mac then copy it to a flash drive to then copy it to the hackintosh?

One more thing, what are the things do I need to change in the EFI file you provided, given that I am using Intel i5 9600K, MSI RX 570, and Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro?

Thank you!
When you created your USB installer, you have to install the bootloader with Clover bootloader. Once you installed it, you will see a new partition named EFI. Replace that EFI folder with the one provided on this guide or with another one (depends on your hardware) and copy Clover Configurator in the USB (not EFI partition). Install macOS on your HDD and do the same thing, but this time you will install the Clover bootloader in your HDD. Replace your EFi folder from USB to your new EFI folder in your HDD.

When you created your USB installer, you have to install the bootloader with Clover bootloader. Once you installed it, you will see a new partition named EFI. Replace that EFI folder with the one provided on this guide or with another one (depends on your hardware) and copy Clover Configurator in the USB (not EFI partition). Install macOS on your HDD and do the same thing, but this time you will install the Clover bootloader in your HDD. Replace your EFi folder from USB to your new EFI folder in your HDD.
Ohhh. So in the second step, where I need to modify the EFI of the USB, I need to do that by installing the Clover bootloader. Am I correct? How do I get the EFI for my parts? I am using RX 570, and I am afraid that, if I use the EFI in this build, something wrong might happen. However, I am using a similar motherboard to this, just without the wifi version, and also an Intel i5 instead of an i7.

Another question, after reading the installation guide provided here in tonymacx86, what makes it different if I use MultiBeast instead of the Clover and EFI stuff? Thank you!

Ohhh. So in the second step where i need to modify the efi of the usb, i need to do that by installing the clover bootloader. Am i correct? How do i get the efi for my parts? I am using rx 570 and i am afraid that if i use the efi in this build, something wrong might happen. However, i am using a similar motherboard to this, just without the wifi version and also an intel i5 instead of an i7.

Thanks!
In Step 2, the Clover bootloader is already installed, that's why he mentioned the EFI partition in USB.

The RX570 will work with this EFI. However, you have to keep notes of what things works and what does not work.

Look for a SmBios similar to your hardware. You can use https://everymac.com and edit it in your config.plist

Hi! Another question, after reading the installation guide provided here in tonymacx86, what makes it different if i use multibeast instead of the clover and EFI stuff? Thank you!
- I haven't used MultiBeast.
- You have to use Clover no matter if you use or no MultiBeast.

Hello, thanks for the guide.
I plan to follow this guide for my new build.
Components are the same except the graphics card and cpu, I'll be using a Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 and a 9600k.
Do I need to install lilu + whatevergreen after following this guide?
And what about native power management? I found this guide but don't really know if I should follow it after installing:

Cheers

Hello, thanks for the guide.
I plan to follow this guide for my new build.
Components are the same except the graphics card and cpu, I'll be using a Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 and a 9600k.
Do I need to install lilu + whatevergreen after following this guide?
And what about native power management? I found this guide but don't really know if I should follow it after installing:

Cheers
Lilu + Whatevergreen always are essentially to run hackintosh. More info read here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#Lilu

Thanks for the reply,
The correct procedure would be to install them both after following this guide right?
Cheers
Hi, I had them installed on my EFI since the installation of Mojave OS (On my EFI on the USB Pendrive), After the installation place the latest versions in the EFI partition in the NVME where Mojave is installed, Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back