Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]multiboot macOS Sierra & Win7 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi | i7-4790 | 16GB RAM | Radeon 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i do use under Win10 (second boot drive) the very simple tools from gigabyte, those given on cd with the motherboard... sorry for no help

Ok, thanks! :)

The Intel Power Gadget should show you a logging of power, frequencies, and temperature in degrees C while it is running. What exactly is your problem with it?

That was very odd. When I first launched it from some reason it didn't show any temperature values. But now it does.

Anyway here are the results and I'm somewhat confused about them. Please share what you think:

With the Intel stock cooler on idle mode, the temp was about 42 °C.
- Intel cooler on benchmark test: with Cinebench about 79 °C, and with Greekbench about 73 °C.

With the Noctua cooler on idle mode, the temp is about 38 °C too.
- Noctua cooler on benchmark test: With Cinebench & Greekbench about 70 °C.

I followed the instructions to installing the Noctua cooling and applied thermal paste as instructed. But at first I didn't applied enough thermal paste and that caused higher temp values during idle and benchmark tests. So I disassembled the system again and applied a bit more thermal paste on the CPU.

I for one think that it's not the CPU cooler that matters but the overall build of your case. In mini-ITX case you don't have much room for customization and you're very limited. So at least try to push any cable to the corners as possible and secure them for better air flow. At the current state I pushed most of the power supply cables inside the narrow area above the DVD drive.

By the way, I tried uploading some new pictures of the build with the Noctua cooler but from some reason, even after deleting any new data from the post and leaving it as it previously was, when I hit the 'Save Changes' button it gives me the following error message:

full

Any ideas anyone? @Stork maybe?

Thanks!

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I can't seem to be able to update the post from some reason (gives the error message I mentioned above), so I'm updating here:

I just installed the OS X 10.11.5 combo update and it seems to be working quite well - I didn't even had to reinstall any kexts. Everything works right out of the box.
full

Cheers

Last edited:
Apologies for the trouble editing- not sure exactly what is going on but we're investigating.

Apologies for the trouble editing- not sure exactly what is going on but we're investigating.

Many thanks!

UPDATE:
I found out what was causing the issue: At the PSU paragraph under my explaining section of why I chose every piece of hardware, I wrote the word 'fo od' (it doesn't accepted the word here either so I had to put a space between the letters to bypass this) to describe that the PSU is like the 'fo od' of a computer, and therefore it is wise to pick a powerful one. But the word 'fo od' from some reason isn't accepted by the wording filtering system of the forum. All got fixed up when I changed from 'fo od' to energy. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for this guide, worked out great. I'm only using a single monitor and notice in aprox 50x times that I have boot just twice I don't get any video after the bootloader count down. Have you had this issue?

Thanks for this guide, worked out great. I'm only using a single monitor and notice in aprox 50x times that I have boot just twice I don't get any video after the bootloader count down. Have you had this issue?

If the very first boot to the desktop went well and the issue happened only after installing kexts, then I believe that something with the kexts didn't fit right. In that case you can boot back from the rescue thumb-drive and delete all the kexts in the Extensions folder and restart the system to check if it boots right. You can also try selecting "GraphicsEnabler=No" during boot and to see if it helps.

By the way, are you using the same parts as I did? If not then what are the different parts you using? Different parts may require different kexts than those I mentioned that worked for me.

Thanks for the info. Will look into it when I have some time. Is rare when it happens. Been working fine for weeks. Using same exact parts except for SSD which is a Kingston and 600w PSU.

-Thanks Again and will post if I have any additional question.

Any chance on getting the pictures fixed? Showing up as unavailable (big red X).

Hi chasebolt, thanks for letting me know!

That's very frustrating to find after the effort I spent writing this thread and organizing all the pictures. Probably something got broken in the forum. I checked my album; it seems okay and privacy setting of all pictures is set to public, so I really don't know what happened. I'll contact the forum administrator to check what went wrong...

UPDATE:
Just received an email from ModBot who mentioned that they did some changes with http linked pics. They will attempt to fix things so my thread pics will be visible again.

UPDATE2:
Pics links were fixed by Adamsmasher (thanks!) and all pictures are visible again. They changed that linked pics should be as https and not http.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back