Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]multiboot macOS Sierra & Win7 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi | i7-4790 | 16GB RAM | Radeon 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Stork said. :)

Good luck with your build and let us know how it works out for you.

The last time I tried to install on this configuration, I got x000 nanosecond.

Are you able to help me to set it up correctly from the beginning?

Thanks in advance.

Hi MakUK,

Everything is quite described in my post and in links to guides that I used, as I didn't want to copy someone else's work. If you have the same configuration as I do then the installation is very straight forward:

1. Prepare your UEFI/BIOS accordingly (see screenshots in my post).

2. Install the operating system from either Snow Leopard 10.6 installation DVD or from a prepared and bootable UniBeast thumb-drive with El-Capitan or Sierra installation files (to create a UniBeast installation media you'd need to have access to a working Mac/Hackintosh first).

*Please note that when I built this build, El-Capitan was the latest OS from Apple but I didn't had a working Mac/Hackintosh to prepare a bootable media of El-Capitan with UniBeast. However, I had Snow Leopard installation DVD so I used the guide to installing it just to be able to access the Appstore to download El-Capitan, and eventually to prepare the bootable thumb-drive with UniBeast. At this point I'd go straight with macOS Sierra.

3. Upon the first boot into the system you'd need to install some kexts in order that the OS will be able to boot by itself from your hard drive, and for additional hardware to work such as network, sound, etc. For that download and use MultiBeast. For this particular system use the version that I suggested to use in my post as the new version at the time didn't work for me.

4. Once your OS boots by itself, check if things like network, sound, etc are working correctly. If so then you're all set. :) If not, re-launch MultiBeast and make some adjustments; if the system doesn't boot correctly after applying some kexts you could always boot from the thumb-drive and then to select your macOS partition on the hard drive to boot from. Booting that way will ignore any additional kexts that you installed and you should be able to reach the desktop. Once there you could re-launch MultiBeast to make adjustments. It's a trial and error process, but I believe that if you'd select exactly the kexts that I selected in MultiBeast (see the MultiBeast screenshot in my post) then you should succeed at your first run.

Cheers

Hey,

I could do a clean install of El Capitan, however the fake key that you selected is not the same in MultiBeast El Capitan because when I boot the screen goes black, but I am able to book using the USB drive.

How can I solve this?

Mm.. Interesting. Did you use MultiBeast version 8.0.1 like I mentioned in my post? Only this particular version worked for me in this build.

The black screen that you're having could also be related to another kext that prevents the system to boot properly, if you picked more than one kext when patching. To better understand which kext causes the problem, try patching with one kext at a time and see what happens when your reboot. I'd go with the fake kext first in order to see if the system can boot by itself. Then the network kext, and last but not least the audio kext.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi MakUK,

Everything is quite described in my post and in links to guides that I used, as I didn't want to copy someone else's work. If you have the same configuration as I do then the installation is very straight forward:

1. Prepare your UEFI/BIOS accordingly (see screenshots in my post).

2. Install the operating system from either Snow Leopard 10.6 installation DVD or from a prepared and bootable UniBeast thumb-drive with El-Capitan or Sierra installation files (to create a UniBeast installation media you'd need to have access to a working Mac/Hackintosh first).

*Please note that when I built this build, El-Capitan was the latest OS from Apple but I didn't had a working Mac/Hackintosh to prepare a bootable media of El-Capitan with UniBeast. However, I had Snow Leopard installation DVD so I used the guide to installing it just to be able to access the Appstore to download El-Capitan, and eventually to prepare the bootable thumb-drive with UniBeast. At this point I'd go straight with macOS Sierra.

3. Upon the first boot into the system you'd need to install some kexts in order that the OS will be able to boot by itself from your hard drive, and for additional hardware to work such as network, sound, etc. For that download and use MultiBeast. For this particular system use the version that I suggested to use in my post as the new version at the time didn't work for me.

4. Once your OS boots by itself, check if things like network, sound, etc are working correctly. If so then you're all set. :) If not, re-launch MultiBeast and make some adjustments; if the system doesn't boot correctly after applying some kexts you could always boot from the thumb-drive and then to select your macOS partition on the hard drive to boot from. Booting that way will ignore any additional kexts that you installed and you should be able to reach the desktop. Once there you could re-launch MultiBeast to make adjustments. It's a trial and error process, but I believe that if you'd select exactly the kexts that I selected in MultiBeast (see the MultiBeast screenshot in my post) then you should succeed at your first run.

Cheers
Hi my friend! It has been a long time. I am using this very successfully.
Just wanted to thanks for this amazing hardware combination.
Did you upgrade to High Sierra? If so, can you show me the guide?
Also, I would like to add a cheap Nvidia card, which I can buy less 50 usd?

Many thanks in advance.

Many thanks in advance.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi MacUK,

I'm very glad to hear that my guide helped you. Not sure what's "High Sierra" but as for macOS Sierra, I updated the original post long time ago after successfully upgrading to it. The steps should be there as well.
As for another graphic card, I'm really not sure because I didn't work with my Hackintosh for quite some time now and weren't tuned with the latest news and updates from the forum. So I can't give you an answer for that. I mainly built my Hackintoshes for education purpose and experiment with Apple's OS. :) However, I'd suggest to check the Buyer's Guide section. It updates all the time and has links to varies places you could purchase the hardware from, along with rating and reviews from many buyers from around the world.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the steps. I used your guide to install El Capitan and decided to try Sierra using a new SSD. Everything works great on Sierra 10.12 so I ran the combo update to 10.12.6 and after the reboot my screen colors flash every few seconds, almost seems like they are inverted (eg: orange turns blue). Any suggestions?

PS
My hardware setup is the same as yours, using ATI (HIS) 5770 1GB Graphic Card.

Last edited:
Glad I could help and congratulations for the success. :)

As for the color issue:
1. Does the issue arise immediately after the 10.12.6 combo update?

2. I see that you mention that your hardware is the exact same as mine, but does it also include the multi-monitor setup? And in such case, did you happen to install the combo update while more than 1 monitor were connected to the machine?

3. When does the flashing begin - upon the Apple logo during boot or once the Desktop boots?

Thanks for the quick reply.
A1.- Yes.
A2.- Sorry, only one monitor.
A3.-Once desktop boots.

I re-ran Multibeast but no improvements. How can I manually reinstall the kext for the AMD/ATI video?

PS
Graphic card listed as ATi Radeon HD 5000 2014 MB graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back