Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] lewys's build: El Capitan - GA-Z97X-UD3H - i5 4690K - 16GB RAM - GTX 970 - 256Gb SSD - BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded and used Clover Configurator, mount your EFI and open the config.plist inside the Clover folder of the EFI drive- just right click the config.plist and open with Clover Configurator.

View attachment 172640

Image above as example, you go to Kernal and Kext Patches as highlighted, and just add a new line with the patches. When done, go up to file and save. For the 2 Kext files, I downloaded and used Kext Beast (I didn't know any other way). Follow the instructions within Kext Beast to install the kexts and then restart your computer.
After first installing El Capitan 10.11.2 all my USB ports front and rear were working, but all ran at USB 2.0. After patching and adding these kexts the USB 3.0 worked full speed!

Only issue I am having now is being stuck with 1080P with onboard graphics and HDMI, waiting for cheap used EVGA GTX 750 to come so I can hook up with DisplayPort to get 2560x1440 resolution.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll try tonight. I see there's two versions of Clover Configurator, your screenshot looks like you're using the classic version, I'm guessing there's no difference whether you use the "Vibrant" or classic version?

Oh, no I found that screen shot from online search, I was using newest version and it looks the same as that screen shot in terms of where you find the tab to insert the patches.

Oh, no I found that screen shot from online search, I was using newest version and it looks the same as that screen shot in terms of where you find the tab to insert the patches.

Ok, so I did everything, rebooted. And all the USB ports now work at least, but not at 3.0 speed. They are all running at 2.0 speed. It would seem that the motherboard revision makes a difference.

Ok, so I did everything, rebooted. And all the USB ports now work at least, but not at 3.0 speed. They are all running at 2.0 speed. It would seem that the motherboard revision makes a difference.

I take that back, it didn't work after 1 reboot, but for some reason all ports are now working now at 3.0 speed after several reboots. So yes it works on rev 1.2 as well. Thanks guys for your help.

You didn't post your MultiBeast settings.

The settings I used in MultiBeast 8.0.1
Quick Start: UEFI Boot Mode

Drivers:
Audio: Realtec ALC 1150
Disk:
3rd Party SATA
Misc:
FakeSMC is mandatory and greyed out, Plugins and HWMonitor App are optional if you want to monitor motherboard temps/specs
Network:
AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
BootLoaders: Colver 2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
Graphics/SSDT Options: Didn't touch anything
-System Defintions: Did Mac Pro 3,1- ended up changing to iMac 15,1 later on with no negligible changes
Click Build and restart!

2qb7q4g.jpg

I have installed El Capitan using Clover followed by a MultiBeast injection of stuff. Thank you for the USB fix that worked well. I cannot get past one conflict though. I am using a DELL P2815Q Display which is 4k driven by a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2047 MB graphics. That means to get 4K I must use the NVIDIA Drivers (as the GT950 is not natively supported. All that works fine except the default Mac Pro 3.1 definition will not work with iMessage. I can successfully use the "******" fix to change the System Definition to iMac 15.1 (which matches my 3.29 GHz Intel Core i5 4590 processor) using Clover Configurator. Thing is once I use the new definition with the config.plist, the Nvidia Drivers will not work. In other words if I use an iMac 15.1 definition, I cannot use the 4k from the GT 950. I spent all day fooling with it without success. Any ideas?

I have installed El Capitan using Clover followed by a MultiBeast injection of stuff. Thank you for the USB fix that worked well. I cannot get past one conflict though. I am using a DELL P2815Q Display which is 4k driven by a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2047 MB graphics. That means to get 4K I must use the NVIDIA Drivers (as the GT950 is not natively supported. All that works fine except the default Mac Pro 3.1 definition will not work with iMessage. I can successfully use the "******" fix to change the System Definition to iMac 15.1 (which matches my 3.29 GHz Intel Core i5 4590 processor) using Clover Configurator. Thing is once I use the new definition with the config.plist, the Nvidia Drivers will not work. In other words if I use an iMac 15.1 definition, I cannot use the 4k from the GT 950. I spent all day fooling with it without success. Any ideas?
I recommend posting this problem in the forum's Graphics section. You'll find more expertise there to help you arrive at a solution.

I'd start here to look for Nvidia GPU related issues. Very helpful, well written post.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Anyone having startup issues with the GA-Z97X-UD3H board and BCM94360CD PCI-E Wireless Card?

Been noticing that my system turns on to a blank screen (no BIOS splash screen, no post). Pressing the restart button at blank screen solves the issue and computer boots fine/posts.
I thought at first it was the GTX 750 card I installed, but I took that out and switched back to motherboard Intel graphics, still had issue.
I took out the BCM94360CD PCI-E wireless card and the computer starts up fine.
Otherwise the BCM94360CD wifi/bluetooth card works fine with El Capitan, only issue is that handoff/continuity doesn't work but don't really mind that, just the unreliable boot up issue that is super annoying.
I bought my BCM94360CD PCI-E card from Amazon seller JM Electronics/Huasijie, shipped from China, hoping it's not defective because return shipping is expensive, over $22 First Class Int'l from the U.S.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P0QAU36/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back