Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] lewys's build: El Capitan - GA-Z97X-UD3H - i5 4690K - 16GB RAM - GTX 970 - 256Gb SSD - BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having startup issues with the GA-Z97X-UD3H board and BCM94360CD PCI-E Wireless Card?

Been noticing that my system turns on to a blank screen (no BIOS splash screen, no post). Pressing the restart button at blank screen solves the issue and computer boots fine/posts.
I thought at first it was the GTX 750 card I installed, but I took that out and switched back to motherboard Intel graphics, still had issue.
I took out the BCM94360CD PCI-E wireless card and the computer starts up fine.
Otherwise the BCM94360CD wifi/bluetooth card works fine with El Capitan, only issue is that handoff/continuity doesn't work but don't really mind that, just the unreliable boot up issue that is super annoying.

Nope, never had problems, also handoff/continuity works fine.

Thx for your posts, and it finally solve my usb3.0 problem. I did it in a fresh installation.
But I face the problem that my hackintosh will reboot when it is idle, it seems the advanced power management support is missing.
I noticed that there is a newer version of MultiBeast, which integrate some new kext anf includes 7/8/9 series motherboard USB 3.0 support. I will try whether it will work and reply the result here.

Thx for your posts, and it finally solve my USB 3.0 problem. I did it in a fresh installation.
But I face the problem that my hackintosh will reboot when it is idle, it seems the advanced power management support is missing.
I noticed that there is a newer version of MultiBeast, which integrate some new kext and includes 7/8/9 series motherboard USB 3.0 support. I will try whether it will work and reply the result here.

It seems that the newer version of MultiBeast can solve the USB 3.0 problem without kernel patch. And I notice that some incompatible USB devices may cause kernel panic. I remove it and everything works fine.

I have the same board but having sleep isuse if I install FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID. When I put my system to sleep it wakes up all by itself 2 seconds after going to sleep. If i remove those two kexts and clover patch the sleep works again, but no more usb3...

any ideas...?

I have the same board but having sleep isuse if I install FakePCIID_XHCIMux and FakePCIID. When I put my system to sleep it wakes up all by itself 2 seconds after going to sleep. If i remove those two kexts and clover patch the sleep works again, but no more usb3...

any ideas...?

try darkwake=10

Hi lewys - is your onboard graphic working? (or) is it possible to use only the onboard graphic?

great post for usb 3.
thanks

[EDITED]SUCCESS!

I installed El Capitan on a bare metal system with a brand new GigaByte GA-Z97-UD3H motherboard, 16GB RAM and a
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor (3.5 GHz, 8 MB Cache, Intel HD graphics, BX80646I74770K) with a Samsung Evo 1TB SSD.

The Unibeast Clover El Capitan Install went amazingly well. I was able to boot into El Capitan from the SSD and get online even before running Multibeast.

Then... not accepting working as final answer, I ran Multibeast, choose the AppleIntelE1000e kext as recommended here and Ethernet was no longer there.

I could't figure out how to back out the kext so as I write this I'm running a Unibeast El Capitan install again. *sigh*
[I reformatted and re-ran Unibeast 4 times!]

In the end I verified that the I WAS installing the latest AppleIntelE1000e kext, because wasn't getting installed as a hacked.
In the end I used the minimum of RealTek AC1550 audio driver, FakeSMD, and AppleIntelE1000e.

Pushing my luck today I added an IOGear Bluetooth dongle and ... a Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics card.
The angels are with me, because they just plain work in El Capitan.

Because the Antec P180 case has a FW400 port and I'm obsessive, I have a SUNIX IT FWB3414G PCI Express 2 ext.1394B and 1+1 1394A Ports Card on the way. (Urk. I hope I have a free slot for that.)

I have yet to apply the USB kexts suggested here by Lewys but i'll do that next.

SUCCESS!

Last edited:
How did you get the wireless keyboard working all the time? For instance, I have it working on mac but i'm having issues using it to press f12 and boot up windows. Computer doesn't recognize it until i boot up mac, and on windows it takes time to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back