Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] lewys's build: El Capitan - GA-Z97X-UD3H - i5 4690K - 16GB RAM - GTX 970 - 256Gb SSD - BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a FullHD monitor, but will buy 4K soon. You shouldn't have any problem with monitor, there is a lot of people that using 4K monitors.

I should update the post, I've found solutions for all problems, and now I have 100% perfect working hackintosh.
If you can find time, it's almost christmas!, and are willing to do so that would be awesome :)

But no hurries :) I'll won't have all the parts in 3 weeks I guess, so I'll just follow your thread if it will become this motherboard :)

Thanks for the fast reply and have a merry christmas :)

If you can find time, it's almost christmas!, and are willing to do so that would be awesome :)

But no hurries :) I'll won't have all the parts in 3 weeks I guess, so I'll just follow your thread if it will become this motherboard :)

Thanks for the fast reply and have a merry christmas :)

Will update on this weekend. Merry Christmas!

Lewys:

Quick note: Thanks for all the help.
I built my very first rig this weekend with El Capitan - GA-Z97X-UD3H - i5 4790K - 16GB RAM - GT 740 SC - 250Gb SSD thanks to help from you, Tonymac, the Clover team! Ending up using the NVIDIA web driver (which after second clean install seemed necessary). I'll post a thorough post soon.

Thanks again :headbang:,

kinotopia

My system (GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK, 4790k, gtx980ti) was having issues (built using MultiBeast on Yosemite, then upgraded to Clover, then to El Capitan). So, I decided to start fresh with this guide and everything is working fine now. Previously, I did a bunch of messing around with DSDT's and kexts to get USB3 working, and still had only half the ports working, but starting from scratch, I was able to get all ports working at correct speeds with just the kexts and patch.

Everything seems to be working great, but I was just wondering about all the Clover patches listed in this build description, and what they do specifically. I just want to know why they are needed.

Yes, it works at full speed. I will update the post later.

1. Open Clover Configurator (Mount EFI and open your config.plist)
2. Go to Kernel and Kext Patches
3. Add patch:

Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: 83BD8CFEFFFF10
Replace: 83BD8CFEFFFF16

4. Install 2 attached kexts
5. Enjoy fully working USB ports :)

I have to say, I just did this on my build to fix the USB 3.0 problem, and now I can't use ANY USB. My keyboard wont even work to enter the BIOS, now what the hell do I do?

I have to say, I just did this on my build to fix the USB 3.0 problem, and now I can't use ANY USB. My keyboard wont even work to enter the BIOS, now what the hell do I do?

I'm sure you did something wrong. It can't affect BIOS in any way. All people who tried this method reported about success.

Going to be doing this build as soon as all my parts come in except with a Rev 1.0 GA-Z97X-UD3H and i7 4790k. One question though, will the M.2 SSD slot work for the OS drive, or work at least for a storage drive?

I'm making a build using this mobo this week and I have a couple questions.

In your Clover settings screenshots it shows a system definition of iMac 15.1 but in your benchmark screenshot it says iMac 14.1. Which did you use?

Also in your Clover screenshots where it shows the Kexts to Patch, the comments aren't fully visible. Do we need to enter what's in those fields? What are all those kext patches addressing? (In case I don't need some)

Thanks!

Yes, it works at full speed. I will update the post later.

1. Open Clover Configurator (Mount EFI and open your config.plist)
2. Go to Kernel and Kext Patches
3. Add patch:

Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: 83BD8CFEFFFF10
Replace: 83BD8CFEFFFF16

4. Install 2 attached kexts
5. Enjoy fully working USB ports :)

I just setup my first Hackintosh using the same exact motherboard as you (well actually, rev 1.2 BIOS F9). Everything works but the USB 3.0 ports, even the sound, I have no problems at all.

Anyway, I'm trying to follow the directions above, but I do not have Clover Configurator,
but I did manually mount my Clover EFI and opened the config.plist to edit it.

I see the section "KernelAndKextPatches" but I don't understand how to add a patch. I tried to find "AppleUSBXHCIPCI" in the plist file, but I find no such entry. The closest thing I find to that is a string "AppleAHCIPort". I also tried searching for "83BD8CFEFFFF10" but I do not find that either.

I'm using SMBIOS mac pro 3,1 however. Maybe that makes a difference?

Please explain what I need do to make this work. What do I type into the plist file. Here is what that section looks like now:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC...</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gxnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.9-10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
ixnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAnsEA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA/Resources/xml&gt;zml</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
eG1sLnps
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
em1sLnps
</data>
</dict>
</array>

And to install the 2 kexts file, do I just copy and paste them into the efi > clover > kexts > 10.11 directory?

I downloaded and used Clover Configurator, mount your EFI and open the config.plist inside the Clover folder of the EFI drive- just right click the config.plist and open with Clover Configurator.

UEFI-patch.jpg

Image above as example, you go to Kernal and Kext Patches as highlighted, and just add a new line with the patches. When done, go up to file and save. For the 2 Kext files, I downloaded and used Kext Beast (I didn't know any other way). Follow the instructions within Kext Beast to install the kexts and then restart your computer.
After first installing El Capitan 10.11.2 all my USB ports front and rear were working, but all ran at USB 2.0. After patching and adding these kexts the USB 3.0 worked full speed!

Only issue I am having now is being stuck with 1080P with onboard graphics and HDMI, waiting for cheap used EVGA GTX 750 to come so I can hook up with DisplayPort to get 2560x1440 resolution.

I just setup my first Hackintosh using the same exact motherboard as you (well actually, rev 1.2 BIOS F9). Everything works but the USB 3.0 ports, even the sound, I have no problems at all.

Anyway, I'm trying to follow the directions above, but I do not have Clover Configurator,
but I did manually mount my Clover EFI and opened the config.plist to edit it.

I see the section "KernelAndKextPatches" but I don't understand how to add a patch. I tried to find "AppleUSBXHCIPCI" in the plist file, but I find no such entry. The closest thing I find to that is a string "AppleAHCIPort". I also tried searching for "83BD8CFEFFFF10" but I do not find that either.

I'm using SMBIOS mac pro 3,1 however. Maybe that makes a difference?

Please explain what I need do to make this work. What do I type into the plist file. Here is what that section looks like now:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC...</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
gxnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.9-10.11-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
ixnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAnsEA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA/Resources/xml&gt;zml</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
eG1sLnps
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
em1sLnps
</data>
</dict>
</array>

And to install the 2 kexts file, do I just copy and paste them into the efi > clover > kexts > 10.11 directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back