Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
No. But the AppleALC needs Lilu, I think. If you want audio of DP or HDMI then you will need that but MultBeast add it. I installed with the iGPU then once everything was up and running I then added the PCIE card, and then booted it up and everything worked right off.

True. I forgot about AppleALC. If worst comes to worse, I do have a USB sound card that I use for audio stuff that I know is natively supported. So that's not too big of a deal for me. BTW, thanks for the aml for the USB saves a lot of time. lol.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After a few hours tonight, I can finally say I have a build with everything working so far, onboard audio, HDMI audio, RX580 Natively Supported, UHD 630 Framebuffer running in headless mode, I did have to manually set the layout of the ALC Codec via Hackingtool and also pick the correct ID for the IGPU in Hackingtool as well...also added slide=0 to boot arguments to get past men alloc errors...also my shutdown restart and sleep work.. only thing I'm waiting on is the combo wifi/bluetooth which should be here Thursday and I'll have native wifi and bt with continuity/handoff/airdrop working. I was able to get all my usb ports working in usb 3 except for the top two and of course the USB 2 header by editing the dsl template.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI)
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After a few hours tonight, I can finally say I have a build with everything working so far, onboard audio, HDMI audio, RX580 Natively Supported, UHD 630 Framebuffer running in headless mode, I did have to manually set the layout of the ALC Codec via Hackingtool and also pick the correct ID for the IGPU in Hackingtool as well...also added slide=0 to boot arguments to get past men alloc errors...also my shutdown restart and sleep work.. only thing I'm waiting on is the combo wifi/bluetooth which should be here Thursday and I'll have native wifi and bt with continuity/handoff/airdrop working. I was able to get all my usb ports working in usb 3 except for the top two and of course the USB 2 header by editing the dsl template.
Awesome! Do you know what the fix for getting the shutdown and sleep to work right?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
True. I forgot about AppleALC. If worst comes to worse, I do have a USB sound card that I use for audio stuff that I know is natively supported. So that's not too big of a deal for me. BTW, thanks for the aml for the USB saves a lot of time. lol.
My onboard sound is also working. I don't know if I mentioned that. But, I use the HDMI sound. I have my speakers on the output of my screen so that when I switch inputs on the screen the sound changes with it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed your installation notes, but, when I rebooted after everything was installed, I ended up with an no permission sign just after Clover (allocation error).

I installed 3x now, issue keeps happening...

Only difference is that I have a Vega 56 (removed the 64 kext).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Awesome! Do you know what the fix for getting the shutdown and sleep to work right?

So I got the wifi and bluetooth natively working with a BROADCOM BCM943602CS combo card and 1x PCIe adapter. Airdop and all that good stuff works. Regarding sleep and shutdown, not sure but mine was just working, I did start with a completely vanilla install and did a little config.plist configuring before I installed following this guide:

I know its not for our board specifically, but I couldn't get the installer to boot till I meddled with the config plist following that guide. When Mojave installed, its sleep and shutdown and reboot worked perfectly with the only added FakeSMC add-on kexts.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I followed your installation notes, but, when I rebooted after everything was installed, I ended up with an no permission sign just after Clover (allocation error).

I installed 3x now, issue keeps happening...

Only difference is that I have a Vega 56 (removed the 64 kext).

Try slide=0 in boot arguments

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

You should try an iMacPro SMBIOS. Best way to optimize the Vega64 for me. No more problems for iTunes, Preview, ...

Well the new iMac has dropped so I'm going to see what that means and that should be the profile that i9-9900k users will prolly want as it would be the closest hardware match wise.I don't feel like signing out of everything and all the grief that changing the hardware profile entails only to do it again in a few weeks.