Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] jbarnette's Build - ASUS TUF Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. But the AppleALC needs Lilu, I think. If you want audio of DP or HDMI then you will need that but MultBeast add it. I installed with the iGPU then once everything was up and running I then added the PCIE card, and then booted it up and everything worked right off.

True. I forgot about AppleALC. If worst comes to worse, I do have a USB sound card that I use for audio stuff that I know is natively supported. So that's not too big of a deal for me. BTW, thanks for the aml for the USB saves a lot of time. lol.

After a few hours tonight, I can finally say I have a build with everything working so far, onboard audio, HDMI audio, RX580 Natively Supported, UHD 630 Framebuffer running in headless mode, I did have to manually set the layout of the ALC Codec via Hackingtool and also pick the correct ID for the IGPU in Hackingtool as well...also added slide=0 to boot arguments to get past men alloc errors...also my shutdown restart and sleep work.. only thing I'm waiting on is the combo wifi/bluetooth which should be here Thursday and I'll have native wifi and bt with continuity/handoff/airdrop working. I was able to get all my usb ports working in usb 3 except for the top two and of course the USB 2 header by editing the dsl template.

Last edited:
After a few hours tonight, I can finally say I have a build with everything working so far, onboard audio, HDMI audio, RX580 Natively Supported, UHD 630 Framebuffer running in headless mode, I did have to manually set the layout of the ALC Codec via Hackingtool and also pick the correct ID for the IGPU in Hackingtool as well...also added slide=0 to boot arguments to get past men alloc errors...also my shutdown restart and sleep work.. only thing I'm waiting on is the combo wifi/bluetooth which should be here Thursday and I'll have native wifi and bt with continuity/handoff/airdrop working. I was able to get all my usb ports working in usb 3 except for the top two and of course the USB 2 header by editing the dsl template.
Awesome! Do you know what the fix for getting the shutdown and sleep to work right?

True. I forgot about AppleALC. If worst comes to worse, I do have a USB sound card that I use for audio stuff that I know is natively supported. So that's not too big of a deal for me. BTW, thanks for the aml for the USB saves a lot of time. lol.
My onboard sound is also working. I don't know if I mentioned that. But, I use the HDMI sound. I have my speakers on the output of my screen so that when I switch inputs on the screen the sound changes with it.

I followed your installation notes, but, when I rebooted after everything was installed, I ended up with an no permission sign just after Clover (allocation error).

I installed 3x now, issue keeps happening...

Only difference is that I have a Vega 56 (removed the 64 kext).

Awesome! Do you know what the fix for getting the shutdown and sleep to work right?

So I got the wifi and bluetooth natively working with a BROADCOM BCM943602CS combo card and 1x PCIe adapter. Airdop and all that good stuff works. Regarding sleep and shutdown, not sure but mine was just working, I did start with a completely vanilla install and did a little config.plist configuring before I installed following this guide:

I know its not for our board specifically, but I couldn't get the installer to boot till I meddled with the config plist following that guide. When Mojave installed, its sleep and shutdown and reboot worked perfectly with the only added FakeSMC add-on kexts.

I followed your installation notes, but, when I rebooted after everything was installed, I ended up with an no permission sign just after Clover (allocation error).

I installed 3x now, issue keeps happening...

Only difference is that I have a Vega 56 (removed the 64 kext).

Try slide=0 in boot arguments

What does Slide=0 do?

Seems to work, no boot premission errors (Finkers crossed)
But Shutdown is stil a pain in the ass, does DARKWAKE van somethinhg to do with it! Thanx for the help!

Nope, I did try to make a Windows boot drive on separate SSD, but it messed up the system again, “no permission” sign keeps coming back, can't enter with USB or boot M.2. Is this a hardware or software issue?
Seems to be very unstable. Previous builds I made were more robust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back