Contribute
Register

[Success] Install Ventura on the HP ProDesk 600 G3 with OC 0.8.6

Install Ventura on the HP ProDesk 600 G3

You did successfully install Ventura. So it qualifies. Some people don't use sleep at all so that doesn't matter to them. The RTC error is not a big deal for those that don't reboot frequently. I'd call it a success. I don't really see any other guides for this HP model here so it might be worth a brief write up so you can share what you discovered. It probably won't get golden build status but no one expects that. As a User Build it's worthwhile. You can write a note about the G4/G5 minis probably being the better choice for a completely working pre-built.
Ok, I will update the first post.

I would like to confirm running on HP G3 600 with i5-6500T. I'll upload the files to github later. One thing I would like to mention is that I had a lot of issues with acceleration, Photoshop losing shadows and performance, sometimes windows minimizing to the new Dock would get stuck in the middle for milliseconds. But the most frustrating issue was the flickering monitor. Sometimes with mouse movement, sometimes with "intensive" graphics task like panning, scrolling window/windows. After adding the second DDR4 cube, everything started working. Looks like something from DualChanel/ I have no idea, I don't know enough. SMBIOS is iMac 18.1 Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68).

Hi Guys, I tried to install macOS Ventura on HP ProDesk 600 G3 SSF but it is stuck on apfs_module_star: 3042 and a code ahci disk 00170000. I tried with anothers EFI but it isn't worked. I attached EFI and SS. Can you help me ? i have been reading about it but i don't know how i can solved IT. Sorry for be a beginner.

Specifications https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05365730

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 10.16.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 10.16.57 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
How To Fix HP Post RTC Bios Error After Booting With OpenCore?

How To Fix HP Post RTC Bios Error After Booting With OpenCore?

You will need to add the RTCMemoryFixup kext and define the memory addresses to exclude. The kext can be found here:

Unfortunately, it's a trial and error process, as described here:

I just went through the process, which resolved the RTC boot error on my HP DeskPro 600MT G4 with the odd exception of software updates:

Both @PILGR1M and I block addresses DE and DF but I also had to block 58 and 59. So you can try those addresses first. Otherwise, you'll just have to go through the trial and error process to isolate the offending addresses.

Doesn't work, '5859DEDF' Could you share your EFI for Sonoma?

Is there any way to fix sleep hd 530?

Doesn't work, '5859DEDF'

It did work for @Scimitar but as explained you will have to test your own values. Using their EFI would not change that.

Search for HD530 Sleep in our Search box in the menu above. There are plenty of answers there.

Doesn't work, '5859DEDF' Could you share your EFI for Sonoma?

Is there any way to fix sleep hd 530?
Motherboard, in your case will be the make and model of your desktop system, not 912857-601

Back