1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just got the G3 after reading a post from @trs96 that the G3 should be fully supported on Ventura. It has a Kaby Lake i5-7500 CPU. I created a USB map using the USBMapTool. I then followed the OC Install Guide and it all seems pretty clear, but I must be still missing something. Anyone can help? I attached relevant files. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: After some struggle (as you can see if you follow this thread) I managed the HP ProDesk 600 G3 to work. These were my steps:

1. I purchased this PC and found info about the system here. There are various HDD/SSD and memory configurations. As of this writing the exact one I purchased in not available on Amazon.
2. I followed this guide to set up the BIOS.
3. I followed the Dortania's Guide carefully to set up the EFI folder and configure config.plist using OC 0.8.6, paying special interest to the DeviceProperty section of the config.plist. The critical part to get the colors and acceleration working was to pick the right frame buffer for my system, and to define the connectors correctly. See EFI file in post 138.
4. This HP computer uses Conexant CX20632 which is supported by AppleALC. The layout-id is in the config.plist file.
5. The LAN hardware (Intel I219LM) is supported by IntelMausi.kext
6. The PC came with Win 10 Pro and I used SSDTTime to generate the SSDT.aml files on Windows using this procedure.
7. I used USBToolBox (tool) in Windows to generate the USBmap.kext This also required USBToolBox.kext. I used these in the installation USB.
8. I cloned Windows to an NMVe drive on the MB; Ventura was on SSD.

What works:

1. LAN
2. Sound
3. Graphics fully accelerated
4. All USB ports
5. Sleep

What does not work:

1. Getting RTC 005 error at each boot (just an inconvenience)
2. Wake. System wakes up and you can log in remotely, put screen stays dark requiring reboot.

Recommendation:

I think a HP ProDesk 600 G4 (SFF or mini) which has Intel UHD 630 graphics with i5-8500 CPU is a "perfect" match for MacMini8,1 and I think is better choice. Most likely is will support the next major version of MacOS.

I returned the system and purchased an HP ProDesk 600 G4 mini.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 681
  • opencore-2022-11-15-090144.txt
    256 KB · Views: 317
  • PXL_20221115_140045505.jpg
    PXL_20221115_140045505.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Thank you for the quick reply. I cleared all GenSMBIOS generated values from EFI before posting.

moved to Desktop Support

Thank you for the quick reply. I cleared all GenSMBIOS generated values from EFI before posting.
Do you have the Mini ? SFF ? MT ? Specs should be in your profile or signature.

The chipset (Q270) and iGPU HD630 are fully supported by Ventura. It will take some fine tuning as any hack does.
I've not bought one of these models yet so I'm not up on all the tweaks required for the ProDesk 600 G3. If it does come with an Intel Wifi card installed it might be best to remove that before booting from the USB.

You might start with a run through of all your BIOS settings and see if they look like this:
  • Advanced → Boot Options
    • Disable Fast Boot
    • Enable USB Storage Boot
    • UEFI Boot order, place your bootable macOS installation USB on the first row otherwise you will need to choose it when system restarts by pressing F10 → your USB.
    • Other settings remain default
  • Advanced → Secure Boot Configuration
    • Select Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable
  • Advanced → System Options
    • Enable Virtualization Technology (VTx)
    • Disable Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VTd)
    • Enable M.2 SSD if you're using a NVME SSD
    • Check M.2 WLAN/BT (Uncheck it if have interruption issues)
    • Check Allow PCIe/PCI SERR# Interrupt (Uncheck it if have interruption issues)
  • Advanced → Built-in Device Options
    • Disable Wake on LAN
    • Set Video memory size to 64MB or larger
    • Disable LAN/WLAN Auto Switching
    • Disable Wake on Wake on USB

The chipset (Q270) and iGPU HD630 are fully supported by Ventura. It will take some fine tuning as any hack does.
I've not bought one of these models yet so I'm not up on all the tweaks required for the ProDesk 600 G3. If it does come with an Intel Wifi card installed it might be best to remove that before booting from the USB.

You might start with a run through of all your BIOS settings and see if they look like this:
    • Disable Fast Boot
    • UEFI Boot order, place your bootable macOS installation USB on the first row otherwise you will need to choose it when system restarts by pressing F10 → your USB.
    • Disable Wake on LAN
    • Other settings remain defaultUpdated

• Disable Fast Boot
    • Disable Wake on LAN
I updated my signature. This HP does not have optional cards (e.g. Wifi, SD card). The BIOS is already set as you suggested. Booting gets stuck on "Couldn't alloc class "AppleKeyStoreTest". It acts like it "forgot" USB port where the stick is. I will try latest Monterey.

I will try latest Monterey.
Good idea that may work better. An in place upgrade from that should work.

Not sure why you chose iMac18,1 over 18,2 or 18,3.

The CPU and especially the iGPU doesn't match. The 18,1 has an i5-7360U series CPU meant for laptops. Iris Plus 640 graphics instead of the HD630 that your i5-7500 CPU has. If you change it, don't forget to also change the USBPorts kext to the same iMac model.

Screen_Shot_4.jpg

I chose 18,1 based on the Guide. I will try 18,3.

Also ... Don't forget to change the Misc/Security/SecureBootModel setting in your config.plist, from "Default" to "Disabled".

:thumbup:

Also ... Don't forget to change the Misc/Security/SecureBootModel setting in your config.plist, from "Default" to "Disabled".

:thumbup:
Hmm. Exactly the same problem with 18,3. Maybe this is due to the fact that there is no Mac that has an i5-7500 and UDH 630 graphics. A mini8,1 fits the graphics but uses 8 series CPU. Maybe I should have bought a G4?

Back